Coming back after a brief absence!

Options
Hey guys, I'm Ashley. I'm 23 years old from Massachusetts :) I joined in March hoping to lose a few (okay well, more than a few) pounds. I lost interest, but now I'm back with a whole new attitude and outlook on life. My weight at the moment is 343lbs, and I'd like to drop down to at least 250lbs. I have always been a big girl, but never have been this big in my entire life. It's time to change and be healthy. My big motivation for my weight loss is my dad. He passed away last year in September at 55 years old from a massive heart attack. I know his death was related to his obesity, and I do not want to have the same fate.
Anyway, I would love to meet some new people on here, exchange some stories and tips on weight loss and just gather more motivation so I can reach my goal. I can get discouraged and lose motivation easily, so some new supportive friends would be great!
Hope to hear from some of you!

Replies

• koalalovely
    koalalovely Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There is always me! I also run a "fitblr" on tumblr and the guilt free recipes I post and try myself are superb if you're open minded about whats in it. (By open minded I mean giving new foods a shot)
  • ashreycakes
    ashreycakes Posts: 12
    Options
    Oh yeah, definitely! I'll try anything once! And I'm a tumblr addict, so I will definitely follow your blog on there! :)
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I know it can be hard to do it alone and as a matter of fact I don't think we were meant to do it alone. You can also find me on facebook if you like at Allforthejourney.com I often share meal ideas and what has worked for me. Please be encouraged and know that you are not alone.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Im from MA also. Feel free to add me (anyone)
  • ashreycakes
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I know it can be hard to do it alone and as a matter of fact I don't think we were meant to do it alone. You can also find me on facebook if you like at Allforthejourney.com I often share meal ideas and what has worked for me. Please be encouraged and know that you are not alone.
    Added, and thank you. I know I'm not alone in this journey, but it's so nice to hear it from someone else. I will definitely check out your website. I am very lost on finding new meal ideas since I've been eating the same crap for years. Thanks again. :)
  • ashreycakes
    Options
    Welcome back. Im from MA also. Feel free to add me (anyone)
    Thank you :)
  • sarajane31
    sarajane31 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm also here in part because I don't want to follow in my father's footsteps. We can learn from others' mistakes to make our lives better, right? Sending a friend request your way now.
  • ashreycakes
    Options
    I'm also here in part because I don't want to follow in my father's footsteps. We can learn from others' mistakes to make our lives better, right? Sending a friend request your way now.
    Definitely, and accepted your request! :)