Looking for friends and support!

Options
Hi all - I've been using My Fitness Pal for awhile, but just started really tracking everything the past couple of weeks. I've also joined a healthy lifestyle-type 12 week program at my work. I struggle w/stress eating, just quit a 32 year smoking habit on April 1st, and can see how it would be very easy to add pounds when what I need to do is lose a few! Would love to build a support system through MFP! Anyone else need friends? :blushing:

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking! If you can do that, you can do all kinds of things. All kinds of good habits you're forming now! For me the tracking (much as I hated to do it before) is key. I like MFP tracking better than some... it's easier and I can visit these friendly boards for inspiration while I'm here.
    (I don't "friend" people before I get to know them a bit, but happy to chat here or in messages.)
    Hope your work program and MFP help. Good luck!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    congrats on quitting smoking. fitness pal will be a great tool for you to use along with the exercise. It has really opened my eyes to the calories in some of my (use to be) favorite foods. Add me as a friend. I try to be here every day.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    feel free 2 add me:)
  • RunawayDaisy
    Options
    How did you quit smoking? I have been smoking too long to put in print...its the one vice I can't seem to kick! And I'm so afraid I will just gain weight once I do.
  • tinatexan
    tinatexan Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, there, thanks for reaching out and asking for support. I just joined a group at work, too, and that's a big part of what I'm looking forward to. It's so easy to get down on ourselves and it's great to have other folks to turn to when our own motivation is not too strong. Feel free to friend me!
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello well done on quitting smoking - I can totally relate to stress eating -I used to eat 400gm chocolate at work and blame it on the stress of the job and put on 14 kg - got rid of those, so what was my excuse for the other 15 kg extra! Still got to get rid of those!!
    Add me.
  • LubnaE
    LubnaE Posts: 1
    Options
    I could use some friends - mine haven't logged on in 3 days, lol. As you can see, I just started on here and have a long way to go to reach my goal.
  • nahid101
    nahid101 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We are about the same age and same problems
  • emilylou21
    emilylou21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Emily and I would love to have some new friends too! Please feel free to add me. I need so much support now guys.
  • 2xgma
    2xgma Posts: 4
    Options
    I understand the struggle after quitting smoking, but it's so worth it in the end. I too am new and have struggles with stress eating. I eat good all day until night comes around. Then I'm searching out of boredom, stress and loneness. Glad to be your support too.
  • 2xgma
    2xgma Posts: 4
    Options
    Love to add more support