How long do you ladies run?

Replies

• mocavine
    mocavine Posts: 2
    i run 2.5 miles with 3-4 short breaks of walking. it takes me about 15 to 20 min. hard to get back on track after not doing anything for 7 years.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    30 min... on an ellipitical.. not sure if that even really counts :frown:? I am thinking of starting the couch to 5k program to progressively start running outside.
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Half an hour on the treadmill equals about a 27:40 5k with a couple minutes to chill. If I'm not motivated that day then 1 mile or mile and half then switch to elliptical. And if it's a SUPER painful dayninswitch up the cardio machines stairs, elliptical . Bike , treadmill on incline just so that get 30 minutes of cardio every time I go.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    I used to hate running. I couldn't run longer than 15 minutes without feeling like I was going to pass out. It took doing 10K's to get me going. My first one I walked mostly. The next few I ran/walked, and now I just run. They are so much fun, and motivating. No one judges how fast or slow you are...it's seriously great. I never thought I'd be a runner but I'm proud to say it's probably one of my favorite exercises.

Hang in there...it gets better I promise. I used the elliptical set at a high resistance at first to help work my legs out and make them stronger. I run at a 6.5-7.5 mph pace for an hour or so.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    30 min... on an ellipitical.. not sure if that even really counts :frown:? I am thinking of starting the couch to 5k program to progressively start running outside.

It definitely counts as building cardio! But because the elliptical removes the impact almost entirely, it will feel very different when you transition to running, and you may not be able to last as long. But the base of cardio that you've built will be invaluable when you make the switch!
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    i jog usually 3-4 miles along with walk on alternate days on treadmill..
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    As someone mentioned before, a common mistake is to push too hard and burn out. Make sure you stay slow and steady, then build on that. I run for one to three hours but I go REALLY slow. This prevents injury for me. Maybe when I lose a little more weight I can work on my speed.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I do anywhere from 5k to about 18k right now. 30 minutes to 2 hours. I'm running a half marathon in August and I'm hoping to come close to 2 hours... but 2:06 would be awesome.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    When I just run, it's about everyday 41-45 min 5K about 5x a week. I'm hoping to get longer runs in, but it's hard because of the heat. I eventually want to start running 10k at least every other run during the week or 2x a week even. I just started running mid-late March with April not running for 2 wks straight because of almost killing myself by accidentally stepping on a snake and I didn't want to run. 2 wks beg of May as well since I had to send my shoes back to the manufacturer. I didn't do C25K just ran, it's about distance for me. Hoping to get my time better!!
  • jecbbear
    jecbbear Posts: 2 Member
    I too can only run 15min maximum...but i think the best way is to start one day 10min...then every two or 3 days go up by a couple minutes...by the end of 2 weeks you'll be closer to running a good 30min :) it seems slow and not very effective but little steps in the long run can get u a long way :) and i'd rather run 15min and burn calories instead of sitting 15min on my *kitten* not doing anything!
  • nickiw68
    nickiw68 Posts: 71
    I normally do around 40 minutes. I have managed 50 minutes and would like to get to an hour...oneday maybe....
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    My runs are all 5k at the moment, taking 36-40 minutes. I aim to work my way up in a few months, and eventually do a 10k. For now, I'm sticking where I am to ensure I feel confident I'll manage my first official 5k in October. Once I believe that, I'll do more.
  • alicemdl
    alicemdl Posts: 14 Member
    I love running, and try to get out 2 or 3 times a week - more if I can in the summer. I run for about 5 miles each time - so about an hour?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    I am on the treadmill for 65 minutes 3x a week. Until the beginning of february I hadnt been on a treadmill in 4 years.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    I'm pretty in shape and training for a ten k, so my mileage right now is about 35 miles a week. I do several 5 mile runs, a tempo or speed work adding up to about 7 miles, and a long run 13-14 miles.
    I love to run! But no matter how much you do, keep it up. It only gets better!

This is Half training mileage, and peak at that with 35 miles/week. I'd say work the 10K in as one of the long runs at pace and start looking for a half in the near future. IMO
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    The most I have run without stopping is 6 miles and that takes me about 60+ minutes.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    1.5 miles or 3 miles. Training for basic training and a 5K! Between 16 and 45 minutes, but I do walk/sprint intervals. I can jog for probably 10 minutes straight... ha.
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    I can do about 50 mins without stopping, but jogging not running lol i would die if i tried to run it
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    I am a beginner so right now it's usually around 30 mins. I can only do about 2.5 or so miles in that amount of time, though.

What she said
  • KimertRuns13_1
    KimertRuns13_1 Posts: 702 Member
    Until I am done.
    It depends on what I have on my training plan for the day. 3 miles, 4 miles, 10 miles or beyond.