So close to target and its all gone wrong :-(

Options
Hi All, Im pretty new to these forums but im in need of support and motivation! So ...iv lost a stone in just over a year and have never made it to my goal weight . A few weeks ago i was at my lightest and was only 3lbs off from my target weight.. then ... well i dont know!! i skipped the gym a few times that week and my diet went off track a bit , the weekend just gone wasnt the best but iv put weight back on so easy it doesnt seem fair?? im gutted because now it feels like im miles off my target ?? i now need to loose well over half a stone? iv totally cut back on my food and im drinking water, ill be at the gym every day i just hope i see results soon because right now im just feeling miserable??

Im not one for extreme things hence the time it took me to loose a stone i perservere and take my time but right now i just WISH i was back to where i was a few weeks ago :-( xxxx

Replies

• SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Feel your pain!!

It always seems to take ages to lose and so easy to gain, i'm in the same boat so bump for advice!
  • coletteann123
    Options
    Im new to this whats 'bump' stand for!!

Nice to know im not alone! its just thos e last few lbs are so hard to shift as well!! just gets frustrating sometimes! :ohwell:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, I know what it's like.
    I think the best strategy is not to focus on the scale number as an end point, but to focus on making changes you can keep up for the long term.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've done this in the past. In my case I think it was overconfidence that I had lost weight and so I could afford to relax.

The weight gain is probably not all fat. If you've changed your exercise levels (in your case reduced it) and changed you eating habits (I'm guessing but I'm going to assume that over the weekend you've eaten more carbs than you wold normally and probably more of those were refined?) it is likely that some of your gain is water and "in transit" food.

so, don;t panic. Get back to logging, get back to your normal eating and exercise program and hydrate. Re-weight in a few days and I would expect to see a loss.

Re-*kitten* form that point.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Also, there are many people who have found that the last few lbs are very hard to drop. The consensus of opinion seems to be that as you approach goal or your ideal weight, gradually upping the cals and taking the last bit of loss much slower is better for maintaining sanity and easing yourself into your maintenance phase.
  • coletteann123
    Options
    Your exacly right with the refined carbs!! iv not been used to eating that junk and now i no why! Thanks so so much for your comments.

Also about the scales.. yes your right with that definatley a case of getting close to target and relaxing off it. Definalty finding MFP is helping with tracking food and for the support!!
  • limbopanto
    limbopanto Posts: 25
    Options
    I've recently just joined myfitnesspal because of this! I was about 2 pounds from my target weight then I had three crazy binges, and gained about 3 pounds back (of real weight) -_-
    I'm determined to do it right this time though because it's not worth it.
  • coletteann123
    Options
    Couldnt agree more!! im already starting to feel better!! you will loose your 3lbs im sure :-) xx