Help Please! I need you guys!

Options
Ok so I am new here you guys this is like my 4th day on this MFP so I need your help. Yesterday evening I ate horribly however I did not goo over my calories, how will this type of behavior affect my weight loss in the future if it happens again. Also can someone take the time to review the past few days of my diary to tell me if I am eating the right things to stay healthy through my weight loss process. Thanks you so much. Please add me as a friend also, I sure could use some.

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You need to make your diary public so that people can look :-)
  • deneesie25
    deneesie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As long as you recognize what behaviors or eating habits that you have that are bad, you are in a very good position to change them! Don't beat yourself up about a bad meal or day. Don't even wait until the next day to start over. Go ahead and remedy it at your next meal. Good not going over your calories!
  • ashleymarie0104
    ashleymarie0104 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How do I make my diary public? Please help me.
  • ashleymarie0104
    Options
    I just made my diary public. Please help!!
  • strawberryblonde24
    strawberryblonde24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just love this as you can have whatever you want as long as you have some idea of balance. just try and make sure by forward planning that you always have something to look forward too. i usually have a pudding quite late in the evening. just a skinny cow choc ice cream or something. even a choc options drink for only 40 cals fills that hole and tastes sweet.
    If i have run out of calories i go on my exercise machine and add enough for a banana . However if you do go slightly over. what the heck. you can start again fresh the next day. the trick is not to beat yourself up about it
  • ashleymarie0104
    Options
    Thank you strawberry!!!! Youmade me feel better already!
  • strawberryblonde24
    strawberryblonde24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ps feel free to check out my diary
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Remember that since you are just starting out, it takes awhile for everything to line up. As you progress, you will find what works for you. One thing you can do is plan ahead. If you know that you won't have access to healthy food, and the vending machine is calling your name, keep a baggie with some almonds or another healthy snack in your purse (or desk drawer, if you work). It's okay to eat processed foods in moderation, but if you are trying to get fit AND healthy, then try to opt for more unprocessed foods, because they will help you reach your macro goals more readily.

Regardless, if you stay at your calorie goal, you should start seeing the scale move. Good luck!
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary, I am not a "healthy" eater. Try your best to make healthy choices but really it's all about calories.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think so far your diary looks great! You have fruits and veggies which is good. I think junk food is fine in moderation as long as you balance it out with healthy foods and you stay within your goals you will be fine. The only thing I would recommend is to drink more water. I notice that it really makes a difference - I feel so much better on days when I get at least 8 cups. Also, maybe try to start incorporating some exercise (start out slow, you dont want to burn yourself out) because then you get more calories :) plus its just obviously good for you. I hope this helps!
  • maryruiz2685
    maryruiz2685 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    because you're just starting out, staying within your caloric range will do a lot for you. but this is ONLY in the beginning as your body is responding to the change. as time goes on (with in the next month) it's not going to work for you. in fact, it could really harm what you're trying to accomplish. go online and research healthier versions of your favorite foods. eating healthy and trying to get in shape doesn't mean depriving yourself of the things you love. i recommend skinnytaste.com and eatingwell.com also the jennie o website. don't beat yourself up for slipping a little. no one is perfect and it's a learning/ growing process. as time goes on, you need to be more aware that it isn't just about meeting or staying under your limit. it's about the content and nutrition that is coming from those calories. for example, you could drink diet soda all day long and it won't show much on your diary but in reality it is really harming your body and will prevent you from reaching your goals. start reading labels. make small changes. for example, instead of an egg, try egg beaters. try low carb tortillas. try nature's own light wheat bread. 2 slices for 80 calories. try boca burgers. eat ground turkey instead of beef. you like fast food? look up the nutrition facts before ordering. you have an event coming up? a girl's night? look at the menu before hand. you'll see some shocking info on there but at least you'll be setting yourself up for success and that's what it's all about. you've made the first and most important decision already and that's to get healthy. no reason you can't enjoy life and all the little things. my favorite snack. kroger brand fat free sugar free jello. the ENTIRE package for only 20 calories. topped with some lite cool whip for only 30 calories. YUM!!
  • DBell28
    DBell28 Posts: 45
    Options
    you can add me as friend if you want and view my diary. It's 99.9 percent healthy ;)
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome & Good Luck on your journey. My one suggestion for now would be to make sure you're getting in at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water daily. It really helps fill the tummy & is good for you! :smile:
  • ashleymarie0104
    Options
    Thanks alot!!!! I actual walk everyday for 45 minutes. I plan to do more soon, I'm just trying to build up to it. Pace myself ya know so that I don't burn out to quickly.