Flabby tummy. Does anyone else feel my pain?

Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
For since i can remember i have always had a big stomach and very flabby.

i've never had a flat stomach or even a normal-ish stomach, it's forever been the worst part of me and i worry that it'll never go no matter how much hard work i do.

I know you can't spot reduce areas but does anyone have any advice or tips on how to blast that area?

I don't care about six packs and amazing abs, i just want a normal belly. I'd love to think in 6 months / 1 year down the line i will have the stomach i have always wanted.

Replies

• EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    I can't help you as I am in the same position, no matter how much work I do - I just can't reduce it - its the biggest its been in such a long time, and it isn't even down to having children as I never got a bump with either really.

I don't want a six pack, I just don't want this over hang - its getting me down
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Can't see your diary, but I'll take a stab in the dark and say you should up your protein intake (reduce carbs/fat). Also, I recently read that yohimbine works to burn off stubborn fat on the belly & rear. Haven't had a chance to research it yet, but it may be something to look into if your are comfortable w/ taking supplements.
  • Sid1988
    Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
    i know, it's so frushtrating! i lose weight everywhere else but my belly stays :(
  • EmRobo
    Can't see your diary, but I'll take a stab in the dark and say you should up your protein intake (reduce carbs/fat). Also, I recently read that yohimbine works to burn off stubborn fat on the belly & rear. Haven't had a chance to research it yet, but it may be something to look into if your are comfortable w/ taking supplements.

When you say up your protein - what sort of limit are we looking at? I only seem to get about 50 on a good day - I am a veggie too
  • EmRobo
    i know, it's so frushtrating! i lose weight everywhere else but my belly stays :(

Same here, even on my boobs (which aren't even big) I just want tops of thighs, tum and bingo wings to go
  • nessat18
    nessat18 Posts: 30 Member
    I have heard that if you eat more broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and kale they are supposed to help burn belly fat. I have read it I don't know how scientific it is but they are supposed to help in belly fat loss. Also eating avacado and dark chocolate with I think more than 70 or 80% cocoa can help..
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Heres what I say:
    Eat at moderate deficit
    Lift heavy
    Do some cardio

In order to lose that belly, you need to lose body fat all over, which strength training will help with.
  • Strength training. I've lost 5 inches off my waist and gone down 2 pants sizes by lifting. Serious lifting, not barbie bells. :laugh:
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Heres what I say:
    Eat at moderate deficit
    Lift heavy
    Do some cardio

In order to lose that belly, you need to lose body fat all over, which strength training will help with.

This! Times a million
  • Mindywv2003
    Mindywv2003 Posts: 62 Member
    My 2 cents..... It all depends on your age and body type.. in my early 40's I lost alot of weight, had the sagging skin and belly flab
    could not tighten it, no matter what I did so last but not least I had tummy tuck and removed all the skin from lower abdomen, and if you have a good surgeon they alwaysssss tighten the muscles while there in there (no cost) and the difference is unbelivable and well worth the $
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    This is my problem, too! Even after dropping 30 pounds, it is STILL gross. I started weight training, hope it helps, tho I am really not all that hopeful - and I am my no means a pessimist! Here's hoping!
  • PottyMrs
    PottyMrs Posts: 55 Member
    I'm the same! I have like this apron flap that hangs down, it's always been there! It's not reducing either, but I am finding that inside is losing if you know what I mean!? Like the inside fat is going and now I just have the skin! I don't know how else to explain it lol!!