donuts =(

Options
2»

Replies

• RobynDCrossman
    Options
    I find it best to do a full purge of junk food until I can safely eat a small amount at a time without giving in to cravings.
    On most good days I can eat half of a donut and be satisfied - because all I want is that little bit of sweet.
    On bad days I CAN eat so many. So until I get good hold on cravings, I avoid altogether.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I will eat fruit, and lots of it. I don't really pay attention on how much of it I eat. I figure 450 calories of fruit is better than one 450 calorie cookie from Panera (thats my guilty pleasure).
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I had a Krispy Kreme donut and a white chocolate & raspberry cookie today as today is my birthday. Saying that, I eat something sweet every day, but I have been for a swim at lunchtime and this evening I will do 1 hour cardio and a 45 minute step class.

I exercise so that I can eat some of the foods I like, and I keep to my base calories on my rest day. This works for me, has done for the best part of the last year, and I hope it continues to work once I have reached my goal weight.

As my mum says, a little bit of what you fancy does you good :wink:
  • heatherblack6
    heatherblack6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I stopped having donuts when I was on a three hour flight and the guy next to me was pushing 400+ lbs, all while eating 5 donuts. Just remember that commercial of you are what you eat and the woman walks by with cinnabons for butt cheeks.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Commit to the following.

1. Don't stop for the doughnut. Keep going.

2. If you stop for the doughnut, find a relatively healthy alternative and eat that instead.

3. If you still want the doughnut...buy the doughnut...hold it out at arms length and crush it into mush over a garbage can outside the doughnut shop. Don't let it survive.

Under no circumstances should that doughnut reach your mouth.

Destroy it and show it that you have more will power than a fried chunk of greasy dough with sugar on top.

When you pay for enough uneaten doughnuts, that urge will go away.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    The occasional treat is okay - especially if you work it into your calories.

The boss brought in donuts for the office last week, and I had one. But it took incredible will power to not go back for a second one later - I could hear the box taunting me every time I went back into the break room for coffee. Longest. Afternoon. EVER.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I changed my idea of what I consider to be junk food. This way, I can have it every day.

My new junk foods:

strawberries and milk
    cocoa pebbles and skim milk
    3 kiwis and some nuts/chocolate chips
    banana and peanut butter
    dried apricots and raw cashews
    craisins and sunflower kernels and semi-sweet chips
    triscuits and hummus
    grapes and whipped cream cheese
    grape tomatoes and cottage cheese and pretzels

its all about perspective! good luck!
  • Thomakk
    Thomakk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If it's something you love, don't fight it, fit it in to your daily calories.

I don't have a problem with sweets, but I LOVE cheese. Until I started counting calories, I never knew how many were in cheese...and fat too. :noway: Now I just have to be very careful about how often I eat it and portion.

If you eliminate things you love, you're more likely to binge.
  • kelfromhell
    kelfromhell Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey , I'm a little late on this, but if you try to not have one EVERY day....and less and less often, soon it will taste like a pile of grease..... although I occasionally still have a bite or two.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    The occasional treat is okay - especially if you work it into your calories.

The boss brought in donuts for the office last week, and I had one. But it took incredible will power to not go back for a second one later - I could hear the box taunting me every time I went back into the break room for coffee. Longest. Afternoon. EVER.

I can fit one into my calories for a day. But an open box does call out to me too and it is hard to resist.