Finally broke the hour mark!

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
Finally....10k distance (not race), in less than one hour. Time came in at 56:58.....still had another 2.5 miles left on my run....but damn when I looked at that I was incredibly happy!

I've been trying to get past the one hour mark for a while now.

Now if I could only get my IT band to let me go past the 7-8 mile mark I'll be happy....I want to be able to run another 1/2 Marathon or even a Marathon in October. I'm going to buy one of these strap things that a couple friends swear by for their issues.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's still one of my targets, a sub 60 minute 10k.
  • joehempel
    Options
    THANKS!!

I don't know if this link will work, but you can see what my GPS app calculated for my splits....you can really tell when my knee started acting up.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/125460399
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Oh I love iMapmyrun - so clever! And like you i find it very helful to be able to analyse how I did.

I did relay leg of the Belfast marathong last week - 5.4 miles in 54 mins, which I was very pleased with. Must sign up fro another 10k run to see how I get on.
  • DavidTri
    DavidTri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    well done very impressive.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks!

And yeah that app rocks. I can't wait for the Android version of www.zombiesrungame.com
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks! It felt pretty good!
  • danzan15
    danzan15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    well done , i have just started a couch to 5k training program, on the 2nd of a 9 wks program and already run for longer than ive done in the past 10 yrs. My aim is to do a half marathon next june if possible,reading about people like you gives me a bit more belief. congrats.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Now if I could only get my IT band to let me go past the 7-8 mile mark I'll be happy....
    Foam Roller!
  • Lindabummy
    Lindabummy Posts: 34
    Options
    Congratulations!:Just now starting new on everything and that is something I eventually would like to try. When I get a little more comfortable with beginning my exercise program (been too long and restarting) I am going to look into the couch potatoe to 5k website I remember seeing out there. Continued success with your running times.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oooo I hate tempermental IT bands. They need to realize that we are the masters and they just have to perform correctly.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Oooo I hate tempermental IT bands. They need to realize that we are the masters and they just have to perform correctly.

That is the damn truth!! Lol
  • librislady
    librislady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go! I'm training for a half marathon in October and I hope I'll be able to say as much about improving my time, too!
  • joehempel
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go! I'm training for a half marathon in October and I hope I'll be able to say as much about improving my time, too!

The nice thing is as the weight comes off you get faster without trying. I was 225 when I started running last year, and ran a 1/2 marathon in october, timed in at 2:12, and weight 178
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!