4 weeks with little to no results!! :( Help!!

Options
I need help. I started 30 days ago with MFP and the first week or two saw excellent weight loss results (5 lbs in 2 weeks). On April 24 I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm on day 20 and have not seen any more weight come off..in fact I gained 2 lbs back! :( I have lost 3 inches in my waist , 2 in the hips, 2 in my arms and 3 in my legs, but why isn't my fat shedding!!?? I still see the same ugly trouble zones when I look in the mirror. My photo diary does not seem to display any visual changes either. I've been following my diet (1200 calories/day including low carbs and upped my protien and started taking vitamins for any deficiencies), drinking almost a gallon of water a day, and exercise for about an hour every day (I decided to double the Jillian after week 1 of not seeing weight come off). I've read about increasing my calories to up the weight loss but I'm extremely scared that this will just make it worse. I have an important event coming up in 6 weeks and really would like to lose 25-30 pounds and 2 dress sizes by then! My bf says I need to decrease my calories because this works for him. If he eats 700 calories a day he can lose 5 pounds in 1 week. We have 2 completely different body types and 2 totally different metabolisms so I don't think starving myself is the answer. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Any other exercise program I can do in addition to my shred?? HELP!!

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    No one will be able to accurately advise you if you don't open up your diary so we can see what you are consuming!
  • punkychikk
    punkychikk Posts: 7
    Options
    how do i do that?
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you I don't know what else I coul do besides upping the calories.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    how do i do that?

Go to "settings" up top, then go to "diary settings" and change it to "public". That should open it up for us to see it.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your workout calories? Doing the 30 day shred you need to eat more than 1200 calories. Your statement about how your losing inches but not fat is confusing. Where do you think the lost inches came from? I’m not trying to be mean but you are loosing something if your measurements are getting smaller. Also remember, there is no one exercise that will reduce fat in one area. Doing just sit ups will not give you a flat stomach. Your body stored the fat where it wanted to. Now that you’re trying to get ride of it, it will take it from the spots it wants to first. If you up your Cals and keep at it you will see the results you want, just not overnight (can take weeks, months)
  • janL7320
    janL7320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but do have certifcation in group fitness and am knowlegeable about fitness and working out. You should NOT eat less than 1200 calories a day..your body goes in to "starvation" mode and will hold on to everything. This is not healthy. You need to eat in order to keep your metabolism regulated so it will burn those calories. Sounds like you ARE seeing results in your inch loss--that's amazigng! You are probably gaining muscle by your workouts. I really dislike scales because they don't tell your composition, etc. Usually when my fitness BFF and I need to see results, we really have to do something different (exercise, or cutting out or limiting sugar, breads, etc) to jump start our metabolism. Don't give up!!!! But don't kill yourself either. Take a serious look at your diet to be sure you're getting plenty of the good foods and not a lot of processed foods (my weakness!). I'm cutting it out and seeing some (slow) but good results!!!! God bless and good work! I admire you for trying!!!! Joyful Jazzy Jan
  • carebear9703
    carebear9703 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I havn't lost any weight either and on weight watchers program which i was told this was comparable to i always do good.

Although, you are losing inches which will help with losing of dress sizes. I don't recommend dropping to 700 cals per day because as skeptical as i was about it at first you will store fat because your body thinks you are starving also if you are anything like me you will be grouchy and awful to be around if you are only allowed 700 cals per day.
  • carebear9703
    carebear9703 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oh and also you didn't get to the weight you are at overnight so it won't come off overnight either.