Jack 3D AND METH?

Options
dia77
dia77 Posts: 410 Member
I want to boost my workout and I was thinking to get a pre-workout suplement . Jack 3D seems to work for many people , however , I found some articles on internet saying that has meth in it and is not FDA approved .

I kind of got lost in all the arguments pro and con that I found on several sites ,so I am looking for MFP people oppinion:
Do you guys , think it is safe to take it? They are any side effects ? What is your pre-workout supplement ?

I just started working out at the gym , and I am looking for something that can help me have consistent , fast results , without killing me:)

Thank you:)

Replies

• spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    It's not the meth you're thinking of. Still, very few supplements are "FDA approved." Take them at your own risk.

The following is from this website: http://www.jack-3d.com/ingredients:

1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl

1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl is also known as Methylhexaneamine or DMAA. It is a naturally-occurring constituute of the geranium plant. This plant has long been in the food supply and has traditionally been used for a wide variety of purposes. This particular constitute is a stimulant that provides energy and focus to the user. This is one of the things that separates Jack3d from the rest, and makes Jack3d the best pre-workout drink out there.

1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl is safe in small doses. Never exceed recommended dosage and follow directions. Although there are no long-term studies on its usage, it has a long history of safe use.

We will stay on the lookout for more information on geranamine. Geranium has been safely used as an herbal supplement for centuries, though.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the meth, but I have read that they are planning to pull it from the shelves.

I've tried it once before, and it made me way too "jacked" - anxious, nervous, and even paranoid. It did give me crazy energy, but not worth the risks.

I personally like NOExplode on the days I need an extra boost - it isn't a caffeine type boost, it just gives some nice, even energy and strength. Plus it is good for recovery. I don't do it often, maybe once a week on my really hard leg days.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    There's no "meth" in it. The meth that's mentioned is from the DMAA that Spartacus mentioned. Personally, I'm "jacked" all the time I lift, usually from a flood of caffeine. I think it's more attitude, although if you're tired, Jacked 3D would help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    There's no "meth" in it. The meth that's mentioned is from the DMAA that Spartacus mentioned. Personally, I'm "jacked" all the time I lift, usually from a flood of caffeine. I think it's more attitude, although if you're tired, Jacked 3D would help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yeah I find that a cup of coffee or a sugar free red bull does the trick if I need a little extra boost...that's pretty much it!

That NoExplode (or however it's spelled) stuff works pretty well too without making you all jittery or anything, if you need a little extra kick in the pants. The only time I really need a boost is if I work out first thing in the morning, and then I just drink a cup of coffee.
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Theyre gonna start pulling products with that D-1.... ingredient off the shelves VERY soon, it just got banned. I personally use a 60 serving tub of Cellucor C4 Extreme but wont be buying anymore pre-workouts supplements when its done. Maybe just some caffeein pills or cup of coffee. Creatine has been studied a lot and is ALWAYS recomended by almost anything you'll read. 5 grams a day. Buy some pure creatine monohydrate. This is a good one. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    lay off the meth - makes you old fast!

Seriously though, think I'm with most here when i say.....COFFEE!!!
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Meth is illegal, maybe it has some amphetamine-like substances in it.....Be careful...I was on prescription Meridia for a year and felt like I was having heart-attacks all the time....and surprise! They banned it.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I loved Jack3d and I took that stuff on cycles for about a year, Im in the military and never pissed hot once on that stuff so thats bull****
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many different types of things to give me that extra push with out feeling jittery.. NOExplode is the way to go!!
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    DMAA has been banned at WADA events since 2010.

It is a decongestant with stimulative properties. Many decongestants have similar properties and have been banned by WADA.

It has NOT been banned by the FDA.

It MAY be banned by the US military beginning in 2012 - still under review afaik.
  • creature275
    Options
    DMAA has been banned at WADA events since 2010.

It is a decongestant with stimulative properties. Many decongestants have similar properties and have been banned by WADA.

It has NOT been banned by the FDA.

It MAY be banned by the US military beginning in 2012 - still under review afaik.

Its not banned for us, we have guys use it all the time
  • creature275
    Options
    I've tried so many different types of things to give me that extra push with out feeling jittery.. NOExplode is the way to go!!

I second this I love NO Xplode
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    It has DMAA. works great for some people, but makes others crash.

my favorite preworkout lately has been BSN Hyper FX. It packs almost 300 mgs of caffeine and tastes great.
    way better than no xplode IMO
  • Adnan5224
    Adnan5224 Posts: 14
    Options
    I personally take jack3d before workouts and see a major difference in focus, lifts, and energy. I have never felt a crash afterwards and have been using it as directed on label for 3 weeks no side-effects what-so-ever. We have random drug-tests here at my work never had a problem. Just my two cents.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I like to put Meth in my cereal in the morning. Gives me a good kick.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i like jack3d. i cycle too. today i am trying ACG3 for the first time which is supposed to be similar.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    This is interesting to read, thanks for posting. My fiance just recently brought home a bottle of Jack-3D and I was concerned about the stuff. I will bring up some of these pros and cons to him so he is more aware.
  • Loveiiittt
    Loveiiittt Posts: 10
    Options
    I've actually tried a few pre-workouts and jack3d by far is one of the BEST out there. The 1st time you take it, you will DEFINITELY get that "Focused-High" and the "Critter tingle" lol which is the beta-alanine kicking in telling your body to "Shoot and Fire!" As long as you're not going "dorm-room" status and taking MORE than what's advised then you'll be fine :) Some people have crashes, some people don't it depends on the person. I personally get a bit of a mood swing on "off" days, but then again I AM A WOMAN and it's in my nature to have those at any given time for no reason lol Also, some people tend to build a tolerance after 3-4 weeks. I definitely suggest cycling off for 2-3 weeks then start back up again to let your body "regenerate" if you come across this or switch it up w/ another PWO. "But it's just advice....you can do whatever the fck u wanna do!" -TMW

BTW, Gnc's AMP Muscle Igniter 4x orange (powder form) tastes like *kitten* lol Unless you like the taste of butt-hole then I suggest you avoid it lol
  • Loveiiittt
    Loveiiittt Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh and also forgot to add that the Watermelon, Green Apple, and Blue Raspberry are pretty good flavors :)