What running does to fat...pictures

Options

Replies

• Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    WOW, congrats to you! YES, running will change the body if you are dedicated as you are! Much success to you and keep pounding away!:flowerforyou:
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your chin is inspiring! (I bet you never thought you'd hear that.)

And your kids? Cute as buttons.

I just finished week 1, and I'm feeling great, already noticing improvements in endurance, and I want to get out and go again! I'll settle for a little bit of bonus walking after work, but getting my heart going in the morning has been a wonderful source of energy all day long.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    I have NEVER been a runner...not even as a relatively healthy kid. In fact, I can run farther now than I ever could as a kid. I'm not in "love" with it yet, but I am dedicated and do enjoy it. But I still breathe a sigh of relief on my "rest" days LOL.

You're a runner now! :smile:

Congratulations, you're looking great and you have a beautiful family!
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I'm only on week two but your photos are great motivation to keep going!!! Congrats!!
  • KnotNow9295
    Options
    I have been amazed with the changes happening to me since beginning to run. I have always said I couldn't be a runner, didn't want to be a runner, saw no sense in running. I would be out of breath in a very short time when I HAD to run for any reason.

And then, I thought I'd just give this C25K thing a try.

Now, I wasn't exactly on the couch because I walk 3-4 miles with a friend each weekday. But I was amazed at how quickly my body adapted to the run intervals. Within just a few workouts, I found I wasn't GASPING for breath at the end of the run sections. Then I noticed that I was actually ready for the next run interval. I even found myself wanting ANOTHER run interval when it was time to cool down. Me? Really?

Most recently, I'm noticing that clothes fit so much better - and my weight loss has basically stalled. Hmmm. But I'm OK with that - at least for now. This is a long process. It's interesting to me to see how the body reacts to different kinds of exercise.

Reading over this thread before deciding to reply, I'm now interested in adding some light weight training. See how much we can learn from each other?

Congrats on your progress! (I'm going to have to look at your photos later. They're blocked here at work.) :-)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Great job! Such motivation!
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    Great job!!!!! BTW your son is ADORABLE.
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well done! What a difference! I am on Week 7 of c25k, slacking a bit lately:grumble: You are doing a great job, keep it up! Since I started running, my weight loss has slowed down, but the inches are coming off quickly, in the right areas too! Best of luck to you and your kids are adorable!
  • mahnazy
    mahnazy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So here I was thinking I can't bear to go to the gym and run another 2 miles. Been going to the gym regularly, and this week has been so hard - no motivation, and today, well I thought I just can't bring myself to go on the treadmill.

Until I read this post! Thanks! I'm now motivated to go back to the gym and pummel that treadmill!

Keep up the good work! Well done!
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I have definitely noticed a major change in my face since I started! Keep it up.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    What happened to this post? I was going to give someone a link to it, and my pictures are all strange and I can't edit the post?
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Something Ive noticed, and heads up maybe a tmi, but since my car accident I cannot do a lot of core workw ithout hurting my head but work my abs serious when I run, but also noticed than my whole pelvic region tightens, thus my lady parts have tightended since Ive started running over walking
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    bump again
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    omma excellent job! thank you for sending this link to me! Huge motivation to get going!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow glad you posted this. I've been doing my walking since January and need to boost it so I will try to start running some. With the weight lose maybe I can actually run some now, never could before.
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I went from being an exercise hater to loving to run. :)
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    RUNNING is the MAIN THING that get the weight OFF MY BODY... You've just inspired me to start running again, even if it is at a slow pace, running is running.... gonna start this wknd.... :-)
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    Bump
  • chrissayya
    chrissayya Posts: 28
    Options
    wow that's amazing! i just started c25k! you have beautiful children :)
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I thought of you yesterday! Got noticed that my 2nd chin isn't as big. ;) Here's to running!!!