Big girls!!

Options

Replies

• Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    i know it sounds weird but i prefer cornstarch over babypowder seems to work better to me .. you can buy the kind for cooking or there is some by johnsons in the babypowder section that has a scent both work good to me.
    I tried corn starch, and ended up with underwear full of tiny tamales.

OMG! I spit tea everywhere! Totally hilarious!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    i know it sounds weird but i prefer cornstarch over babypowder seems to work better to me .. you can buy the kind for cooking or there is some by johnsons in the babypowder section that has a scent both work good to me.

Oh, I needed that laugh today...!
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use deodorant. The brand really doesn't matter. I mostly use degree or secret. Rub a little in the spots where you chafe; it works wonders. I also use it when I wear skirts and dresses during warm weather.
  • Brandanna84
    Brandanna84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear capri leggings that are stretchy and conform to my body. They were from Target and cost me around $24. I learned the hard way to stay away from loose clothes at the gym. It is the only place in the world where I can be proud to see my lovely lady lumps in spandex lol!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Yup, try body glide. It will change your life and allow you to wear skirts during the summer without "chubrub"

BAHAHA. Chubrub. I didn't realize it had a name. But I wear a lot of skirts/dresses, so maybe I should invest!
  • holapaola7
    holapaola7 Posts: 9
    Options

Haha, that just made my morning! My students looked at me like I was crazy when I started laughing out loud during open lab time.
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    baby powder
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I have had the same problem, a friend told me to try diaper rash cream. I haven't been to the store yet, so I personally don't know if it works, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
  • shortandfaithful
    Options

THANK YOU!!!!! you made me laugh soooo hard.

I just wear pants or capris that fit in that area to avoid the rubbing
  • barleespringers
    Options

Body glide is what many people use
  • adampk17
    adampk17 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'll throw in another vote for bike shorts.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel. This is awesome
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I just started using baby powder, so far no issues. When I first started running the chafing was horrible!!!!!! But baby powder has been helping BIG TIME!!!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    GoldBond baby powder or good old plain cornstarch powder, but I also try to wear tight pants (at least on my thighes).

For the gym, I got 3 pairs of "on sale - target $7-8 each" capri style pants that when I first started were so damn tight..... ahum, NOTHING moved and nothing rubbed (LOL). I still wear them but since going they are now looser and fit so much better, but still more than tight enough to prevent rubbing.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

LMAO
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got bike shorts *sighs* As unattractive as I look in them, I'll wear them under my regular workout pants! Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've used Monistat chafing relief powder-gel and it works amazing and it's pretty cheap too.

Do you have to carry it with you and reapply several times a day, or does it last a while?
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just bought some body glide for my feet (I ALWAYS get blisters from walking more than a mile or two), haven't tried it on inner thighs though!
  • rumpusparable
    rumpusparable Posts: 160
    Options
    I use BodyShield. It's a silicone based roll-on.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! That's so funny...and not cool!!!!