Has this happened to you?

Options
2012asv
2012asv Posts: 702 Member
I'm finally SEEING changes on my body... I can see my face, arms, legs, and back reducing. Clothes are fitting better too. However, it seems as though every area EXCEPT my stomach is shrinking.... which is actually making me feel like my stomach is getting bigger. I know it isn't but it's starting to look/feel this way- and it's VERY uncomfortable :embarassed:

Has this happened to anyone? How did you overcome it?

PS: I'm not looking to start a debate here, I am hoping for actual solutions/tips/advice.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• aprilgraciete
    aprilgraciete Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Mr arms and legs and face are smaller but I feel like my belly is the same. It almost seems as though it sticks out further because everything else is smaller. I hear that it will eventually get better. I hope it's true.....
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    it must be your bodies favorite spot to put the extras! give it time and eventually that will start to decrease too! up your weight training and make sure you are lifting heavy! (thats what has worked for me and my legs, my body's favorite spot for fat!) :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    yup same thing happening here too, i have lost everywhere and am happy with the way i look everywhere but my tummy. it's still the place i need to loose the most and have lost the least (
  • stephaniekneld
    Options
    It is the last thing to go.... do not be discouraged.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    There are no solutions. The belly is the first place the fat goes on and it's going to be the last place it comes off.

Keep doing what you are doing. If everything else is shrinking, your belly will too. Eventually.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It is the last thing to go.... do not be discouraged.

AGREED x10...
  • sarajane31
    sarajane31 Posts: 18
    Options
    How's your posture? If it's not good, working on it might make your stomach *appear* smaller even if it isn't.
  • kimber53171
    kimber53171 Posts: 16
    Options
    Do you have children? Sometimes I think it's harder to get weight off in the tummy after babies. I have gotten smaller everywhere (lost 129 lbs to date), but my stomach is out of proportion with the rest of my body and it is frustrating so I totally get what you are saying. I had 2 c-sections and I think that makes it even worse. I have wondered if doing ab work daily will help as opposed to just the 4 days that I work out a week.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Try taking all wheat and wheat by products out of your diet. If you are sensitive to them as a majority of people are you will notice you tummy go down almost instantly as they cause a lot of bloating in that area.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Do you still drink soda, or coffee? I cut them out almost 3 weeks ago, and I now know most of my pooch (I have 5 kids) was more bloat than my stomach sticking out. Sure it's not 23 year old fitness slim, so maybe my perspective is different, but to me that made a huge difference. Really I measured 34" waist 3 weeks ago, and now I am down to a 30" waist. I have not lost much weight, so I know it was the soda and coffee!
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    They are so right! Your belly is where you body has decided to hold it's fat reserve. The fat on my butt and thighs is always the past to go. Just keep doing what your doing and it will eventually let go of it. Are you sucking in your abs (contracting) them while you exercise? Pushing your abs out will make them protrude.
  • NavaGirl35
    NavaGirl35 Posts: 36
    Options
    That is me.... it sure does get discouraging.... I also was wondering what’s the best solution..... I started drinking shakeology and that has helped me with the cravings with sweets and such.... But the stomach area is taking it’s time to reduce....
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My instructor was telling me to expect that. He said weight loss starts at the top and bottom and meets in the middle. It seems to be what is happening to me as well.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank you all! I was really feeling awkward :frown:

To answer some ?'s: I have had 1 c-section (so I do have that pooch) and *try* to maintain good posture and suck in my abs when I work out. I even wear an exercise belt to help me keep my core tight during intense workouts when its hard to muti task with muscles lol. I do eat primarily clean, home cooked meals.... I've experimented with cutting carbs/ wheat but it doesn't impact me other than feeling weak! lol

I didn't realize how hard it was to lose weight after a baby. I "knew" it would be, but this is a whole new level of "hard". Thanks for the encouragement. I was beginning to feel like this was a dead end.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i agree, so much harder. I never had a problem loosing a few lbs before my son but now after i am still struggling!