Hi, I'm new here

Options
Hi, my name is Ashley. I'm 26 years old and I've decided to take a hold of my health. I'm 4'11 and I weigh 238lbs. I haven't been to a doctor but I have come to the conclusion that I have to do something about my weight or I will die young. Life is all ready short enough right? So instead of calling my tactic a diet, I am calling it a life change. I'd like to make new friends here to support and to likewise be supported. I wish everyone who is working on improving their health the best.

Replies

• meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options
    I feel the same about the word diet. I call mine an eating plan. I'll add you as a friend. I am new here too.
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feelfree to add me if you'd like! Lifestyle change, that's what I'm working on myself :) Best of luck!
  • button_girl
    Options
    hey Ashley!

I joined this today and im also looking at this in terms of a lifestyle change. As soon as the word 'diet' is mentioned it sends me into a panic mode and I either starve or binge hahaha!

Feel free to add me as friend and maybe we can help each other along with our 'healthier lifestyle' x
  • kmruse
    kmruse Posts: 19
    Options
    Ashley/Button_Girl/Meliad, please feel free to add me for support etc.........
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It really is a way of life. I hate diets!
  • lookatmenow85
    lookatmenow85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "diet" so I say "regiment". So when people ask how I am loosing weight; I say I changed my "food regiment" and exercise schedule. I will add you as my friend. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • careylk
    careylk Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey there,
    It truly is a lifestyle change and one that has to be a daily commitment. Commit to feel better every day and commit to keeping track of your meals and exercise on the site. You are going to do fine with this. Add me as a friend if you like, the more support the better!!
  • xomelissasue
    Options
    Ashley-- I'm exactly in the same boat as you! I really need to change my life and just want to be fit. i have no weight goal, but geniunely just want to feel better about myself!
  • bErNiE1107
    bErNiE1107 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Bernadette I'm completely on the same boat as you. I want to change my life as well.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    Life change ladies, that's what we are! Anyone, feel free to add me :smile:
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been here regularly since November, but we can always support each other!!!
  • jbartnik
    jbartnik Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Luck. This site has helped me so much. I got tired of gimmicks and quick fixes. Lifestyle change is the only way to keep it off.
  • Chicrider
    Chicrider Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi & welcome to the site. I agree with alot of the posts about the work "diet" its an ulgy word, We are here to make lifestyle changes so we don't go back to our hold habits.
  • twocanjan
    twocanjan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations are your decision to change. Let me know if you need any support along the way.
    Janet
  • bErNiE1107
    bErNiE1107 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Bernadette; people call me Bernie for short. I have tried many different diet plans, but I get really discouraged and lose my motivation on it all. I do really well for the first 2 weeks and then I always seem to fall off. This time though I want to stay focused and remind myself that I’m doing it for me to be healthy again to live a longer healthier life.
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree, diet makes it seem unattainable as a permanent thing. I don't know about you but whenever I get even close to my goal I start thinking- Man I look great I can eat whatever I want. Pretty soon I am right back to square one. Health has got to be a permanent choice!
  • hishappy
    hishappy Posts: 11
    Options
    hi Ashley, im new too....well been using this app for 4 days. i find it amazing and so useful!!! im only 5ft.........and being so short doesnt help does it lol.........we can do it. And i agree the word 'diet' shouldn't exist, it's an eating plan for life :)
  • kmruse
    kmruse Posts: 19
    Options
    Well done Bernie in making the first step towards the new you......
  • shazjacko81
    Options
    hi i am new to this too i am calling mine turning my life around plan. added me if you want :)
  • StellarChick85
    StellarChick85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley- I'm with you on making a lifetime change! Feel free to add me :) I could use all the friends and support