Ground Turkey

Options
specialkyc
specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
Hello everyone!! I am in search of some new recipes for ground turkey. I bought A BUNCH of it when it was on sale now I don't know what to do with it. I have a couple of recipes that turned out pretty good but I'm always looking to try something new.

Thanks for your input.

Replies

• n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    just use it in any recipe that calls for ground beef....

i personally like it in stuffed peppers and pasta.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com for some ideas. I've been meaning to try her individual turkey meatloaves, they look delicious! Last night I had the ground turkey stuffed zucchini boats - they were delicious!
  • specialkyc
    Options
    just use it in any recipe that calls for ground beef....

i personally like it in stuffed peppers and pasta.

I added it to my homemade pasta sauce and it was delish.
  • specialkyc
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com for some ideas. I've been meaning to try her individual turkey meatloaves, they look delicious! Last night I had the ground turkey stuffed zucchini boats - they were delicious!

My husban won't eat meatloaf, but the stuffed zucchini boats sound pretty good.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    mini turkey meat loaf
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My daugther used it in her chili and its almost fat free now. good taste
  • emmabooters
    emmabooters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I substitute everything that calls for beef with turkey. I make turkey chilis and meatloaf. Turkey burgers were a huge hit even with my kids. Tonight I'm making Turkey crock pot cheeseburgers. I will be making turkey mexican lasagna this weekend.
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Fry it up with Adobo seasoning and throw together a side of fresh steamed veggies.
  • Lizabethafe
    Lizabethafe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste just posted a delicious looking turkey burger recipe. I can't wait to try it!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/buffalo-turkey-burgers-with-blue-cheese.html
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I make "Thanksgiving meatloaf". I don't really use recipes, I just throw in stuff so this is not precise.

Ground Turkey
    Bread crumbs and seasoning from box of stove top stuffing (1/2 box for 1lb turkey, full box for 2lbs)
    Shredded carrots
    finely diced onions and celery
    an egg or two
    milk

Bake 350 for 45 minutes to an hour
    Top each slice with turkey gravy (i go light on this for myself but the man and the boy ladle it on)
    Sometimes I top it with cranberries.
    Anything goes.
  • specialkyc
    Options
    Skinnytaste just posted a delicious looking turkey burger recipe. I can't wait to try it!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/buffalo-turkey-burgers-with-blue-cheese.html

I use skinnytaste.com a lot. This burger looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I cook it in a little chicken or veggie stock, just enough so it doesn't stick to the pan.
    Add sliced mushrooms and onions, ground tumeric, cumin, and corriander.
    If I have them in the fridge, I'll add eggplant and zucchini too.
    Serve it with cous cous.
  • cuddles1225
    cuddles1225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • cuddles1225
    cuddles1225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have made many recipes from her site and they are all delicious. The turkey meatloaf was good and so was the turkey hamburgers with zucchini.
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    http://she-fit.com/stuffed_bell_peppers/

Stuffed Bell Peppers - Ground turkey, mushrooms, tomatoes, mozzarella...
    These were amazing! And when I put the recipe into MFP they came out to be less than 300 calories per bell pepper!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey in chili and in meat sauce. So delicious. I'm sure that you can find a very good meatloaf recipe too, we're just not big meatloaf eaters in my family.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    We use it for making chili, but I especially like our turkey tacos! We just use a taco seasoning packet and add it to the ground turkey.... yummy! :)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else. Use it like you would ground beef. Have you tried ground chicken? 9 g of fat in 4 oz of meat if you buy regular but ground turkey breast is only 2 g fat in 4 oz. I will be honest, the regular ground chicken has a richer taste and I prefer it when making recipes that call for ground beef. Same thing for ground turkey. You should buy the 85/15 before the 93/7 so you still get that lovely "meaty" taste.
  • kriztyn723
    kriztyn723 Posts: 57
    Options
    I cook it with Garlic Salt and ground Cumin and use it to top salads or taco's... very delish!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    We use it in our tacos and burgers...hardly ever buy ground beef anymore!