What positive changes have you noticed in yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• Callicia143
    Callicia143 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am happier.....I am starting to gain a bit of confidence....I don't have as much anxiety (which was stemming from being overweight and worrying about having a heart attack or something like that)...I LOVE to workout....I don't feel tired when I wake up, I feel ready for the day and ready to go to the gym :)

I LOVE vegetables and fruit...I don't crave junk food as much, yes I still eat a little here and there but to me it's kinda gross, that goes for fast food as well..

I feel great :)

unfortunately for me, I am a fast food junkie. But now I think twice about it and often just drive right by the place and take my behind home without stopping.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    Just thought I would asok everyone to reflect on the positive changes they have made since beginning their journey to becoming healthier and happier. So, what POSITIVE changes have you noticed? Could be anything, from drinking more water to eating less sweets. I myself have...

Started drinking more water.
    crave less sweets (I treat myself within reason)
    I WANT to workout!
    I eat breakfast everyday
    I go to bed at a reasonable time... most of the time
    I wake up refreshed even if I go to bed late
    I am overall a much happier person!

Well...I have to tighten my belt one more loop.

I have SLIGHTLY more energy...but thanks to 2 young kids and work, I still don't get the sleep I'd like to.

I don't ever see myself WANTING to work out...It's probably something I'll always dread at least until I am "in the moment" once I get started.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    I stop eating when i am full! and I do not feel like I am wasting food.

I'm always hungry, but my body still has to adjust to "normal" portion sizes. Eating until I'm full is how I got in this mess.
  • Callicia143
    Callicia143 Posts: 14
    Options

I'm always hungry, but my body still has to adjust to "normal" portion sizes. Eating until I'm full is how I got in this mess.

I used to stop eating when my plate was empty, even if I had to force myself to finish. but now if my body says "no more" I stop and throw the rest away. pour it out, get rid of it. because if I dont, I will be tempted to take another bite or sip or taste. which is how I got into this mess. I was always guilted for not finishing my food. "there are kids starving in the streets, finish your food" NO MORE!
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I used to stop eating when my plate was empty, even if I had to force myself to finish. but now if my body says "no more" I stop and throw the rest away. pour it out, get rid of it. because if I dont, I will be tempted to take another bite or sip or taste. which is how I got into this mess. I was always guilted for not finishing my food. "there are kids starving in the streets, finish your food" NO MORE!
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I had a similar problem so to help myself i got a smaller plate. It has made a huge difference i still have a plate of food, just not so much food and i don't feel hungry either,
  • jenngi620
    jenngi620 Posts: 51
    Options
    Lovely topic.

- I treat my body with a bit more respect, as opposed to battering it into submission with a Greggs Sausage and Bean Melt. I perceive is as not necessarily something of beauty (got too much of a pooch to confidently make that statement...), but it's something that works bloody hard, is a work in progress, something that can pay me back if I treat it right.*

Ha, awesome post! And agree, great topic.
    I'm stronger, I can do the physical things I love (ultimate frisbee, gardening) for longer
    I'm sleeping through the night and feel rested in the morning
    I have something to be proud of [just about] every night
  • CandynKS
    CandynKS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am more confident.
    I feel good about taking care of myself.
    I have muscles developing that I have never had before.
    I don't dread going to the gym anymore.
    I drink more water, I hardly ever drink pop and don't miss it.
    I eat more fruit (still working on the veggies).
    I have inspired my mom to lose weight!!
  • makdeniz
    makdeniz Posts: 28
    Options
    Not much but I do feel as though I have more energy. Ideally I would like to also wake up earlier to exercise in the morning, but I wake up already at 5.30 to go to work for a 13 hours day.