Replies

• LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I sing and play the pee-nanner! lol a.k.a. PIANO
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Guitar on and off since I was ten. I tried flute and clairinet in school and it was an epic fail.
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I played flute in high school, but haven't played one in a while. Picking up guitar now though, and I want to learn sax some day. Piano too. And drums.

I just always find myself air guitaring or drumming on things, so it would be cool to actually be able to play...
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I played french horn for 2 months at school :huh: oh and I sing
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Piano...and not very well...since I currently don't own one and can't practice... I'm looking for one that I can afford and that will fit in my living room. I played violin as a kid, that is a more affordable option...
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been playing guitar and bass since about 1988...
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been playing woodwinds (clarinet/oboe/sax) for over 30 years, but my real loves are my harps: I have two Celtic lever harps (a 22-string lap harp and a 36-string floor harp)... hence the user name! :wink:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    guitar and bass.

i had a weird uncle who played the swinette, but we rarely spoke of him. partly because he played the swinette.

I know what a Swinette is. Is this common knowledge? OR limited to former Bechtel managers?

not too common. i'm always surprised when i find someone who knows what it is. :smile:
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    take a guess,lol
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Acoustic guitar and I sing. A great outlet for stress or melancholy... :)
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I play Cornet / trumpet in my church band but I never count the calories (bonus!)

HA! I play clarinet in a community band now. Have played for last 18 years! I got bored during a rehearsal and looked to see if there was a MFP cardio database entry for "playing a musical instrument" THERE IS!! I put in how long our rehearsals last and it told me I burn like 400calories. That made me laugh. I never count them.
  • moveitmoveitmoveit
    Options
    Piano player and teacher here. I also play flute and some guitar. I want a ukelele!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I play by ear, so I guess I could play a lot if I tried. But piano will always be my fave. Guitar is second. I'm also (sorta... only did it for 2 yrs or so) classically trained in voice. I love to sing. And I can read music... slowly. I just don't have patience with it, would rather play by ear.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I play all of the instruments! Just not very well. My musical creations are like grunge, but less talent, so... I guess the genre would be "scum."
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    piano, guitar, can hold a basic beat on drums, learning the ukelele
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    I play a Macbook Pro. Just like Ke$ha. http://youtu.be/JelGcEyS6Aw

jk, classical piano since seven. Stereotypical asian.
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    just the basics: piano & guitar
    and know how play our native instrument that looks like a guitar, its called banduria. played it in high school with a band (Rondalla).
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I play a bit of acoustic guitar, and I taught myself a little bit of piano... and I sing from time to time
    I think I'm very mediocre at all 3 of those haha but I enjoy it

check me out on youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUU7pWt5uLg&feature=plcp
  • taraleola05
    taraleola05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Went to school for Music Education (but changed to double major in Sociology and then in Music- Voice) and was in a few operas in the chorus but never wanted the lead roles (super competitive, and I'm not really a diva lol) Sang opera in college, had a couple recitals, and still enjoy singing everything from pop to opera :) I played piano in college and a little before but sucked, and played alto sax for 9 years! :)
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    piano and voice :) use to play flute and piccolo but that was in high school