Vegetarian Diet?

Options
ASiters
ASiters Posts: 8 Member
I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and triglycerides. I am on medications for all of the above so they are currently controlled. So it has got me to thinking about trying out a vegetarian diet for a few days a week and just seeing where it goes. I mean... the main cause of all these problems is big fatty burgers and other similar foods so why exactly am I still eating them?? Everyone I have mentioned this to thinks I am CRAZY and ask me what I am going to eat. So... I need tips, advice, recipes (for normal people! haha No tofu and things like that) Has anyone else recently done this? I just want to get my health back in check and I think this would be a good starting point to eventually getting off my meds and losing weight at the same time!

Thanks!

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips, but I do want to point out that you'll need to do it for more than a few days to see results. It's going to be a process, and it will likely need to turn into a long-term lifestyle. You need to be aware of that. Even if you see great results in your blood work, you won't be able to go back to eating the way you are now. This is a long-term change for your health! :)
  • ASiters
    ASiters Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand that it will need to be a long-term lifestyle change, that is why I am going to give it a try a few days a WEEK... not just a few days! I want to ease into it and see if its the right thing for me. Obviously I know how I am eating now isn't doing anything for my health or weight so that is why I am here and looking to try something new! :)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Oh! Hahaha... reeding comprehenshun. I haz it. :laugh: Sorry about that!