21 days to make or break a habit

Options

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just joined the programme after a recommendation from a friend and so far am really excited about making a good go of it. I'm currently 184lbs and wanna get down to 150lbs. I don't really have a time limit, but I'd love to get there by about Christmas (sooner if at all possible!) and then stay there, rather than gain it all back on like I've done all the other times! I've already lost 21lbs since Christmas 2011, but since study & exam season started back at the end of March, my progress has completely halted and I can't seem to get anywhere.

So, for the next 21 days, I wanna try and stick to this programme, recording all my foods and sticking to my goal of 3x 30 minute work-outs per week (I'd love to do more but I'm starting small!)

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

hey! feel free to add me as a friend! istarted off 213 but am in the lower 180's atm, aiming for 140-150 at christmas time! we can keep each other defs motivated to reach our goals!
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have 3 habits.
    To do Insanity every day... not skip a day then double up the next.
    Also, NO binging!! Once I do it throws me off for 3-4 days at a time.
    Lastly, NO fast food!!

Good luck everyone!! :bigsmile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    fml i failed already i had red rooster... i'm such a failure :(
  • marieo129
    marieo129 Posts: 1
    Options
    You can bet I am in. I will be starting this tomorrow, 5/17/2012. Makes my ending the 6th of June. No fast food, no sodas, no sweets, no bread or pasta, and walking at least 30 minutes a day. :) Did this before no problem and even got into it as a lifestyle. Don't know what happened. LOL Goodluck!
  • mallorielewis
    Options
    Day one no soda drank 7 glasses of water almost 8. Lost 3 lbs I must of been rediculously dehydrated and holding onto water weight.
  • mallorielewis
    Options
    Your not a failure breaking a habit is very hard it's like muscle memory and addictions it becomes second nature start fresh today is new!
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Come on folks! We can do this!!

Get back on track and lets keep it going.

Day 1: I thought to myself while having dinner 'oh Ive got enough calories for 1 slice of bread with dinner'
    and then I remembered - I'm in the 21 day programme! Cant have bread!

Therefore - bread avoided!!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Eating Clean, not smoking, oh which one.
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! No fast food!!!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm trying to stop snacking late at night - that's always when I go over in cals!
  • Silvermajic1225
    Silvermajic1225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    okay, I'm in... going to give up cigarettes and cokes.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    I'm in. Eating Clean, not smoking, oh which one.

How about both??
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    I'm in! Mine is ALSO eating too much bread and missing workouts!
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Options
    How many times have people done things, such as weight loss, or exercise for months, then eventually just stop?

That 21 days is a myth. Don't think I am being a party pooper, just saying it takes longer than 21 days. I do support whatever you're doing.

That is true - it sometimes does happen like that.

Butttt....this could give someone who can't quit 'just like that' a kick start and motivation throughout xx
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I am in, but I already started. I am on day 8 of giving up pop. It is so hard, but I keep watching the days go by and it is getting easier.
  • kizzymitchell
    kizzymitchell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Urggg, mine habit sucks. I wake up in the middle of the night and snack on whatever. I need to break that habit badly.
  • SinkTheBismarck
    Options
    How many times have people done things, such as weight loss, or exercise for months, then eventually just stop?

That 21 days is a myth. Don't think I am being a party pooper, just saying it takes longer than 21 days. I do support whatever you're doing.

Oh, yeah, I think most of us know that 21 days don't make anything definitive. I still like the motivation to start different things once in a while, and I guess three weeks without bread or skipping derby training (for me) would still make a huge difference in the final result. :)
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day 3 no binge, woohoo!
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm in. I want to make sure to actually log every day. Even weekends. I know I do so much better when I keep track, but weekends just slip away! Feel free to add me, so you can stalk my profile and make sure I complete my diary every day lol.

Oh, and I need to drink more water, too.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Im in :-) I wanna break my fast food habit and work out at least 30mins every day even just a walk will do :-)