How long do you ladies run?

Options

Replies

• jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Somedays, I run for 30 mins... on the days I really don't want to run I usually walk at the fastest rate I can for 5min, run for 5mins and continue for 30 mins. My mind has to be in it with me or It feels more like a struggle to finish.
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running! Right now I am running 5 miles every night! It takes me about 45 minutes to do it though... I am trying to work myself up for my first 5k! I know a 5k is only a little over 3 miles, but I like to push myself extra hard!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, and how badly i'm feeling.
    I don't usually run less than 35 minutes (especially outdoors)
    but if i'm on a treadmill, I aim for 30.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Depends how I feel lol anywhere between 20-40 minutes. Trying to work up to 60.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    <---Until I catch the zombie...

But seriously, about 30-40 mins :) outside
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I used to only be able to run about a mile without needing a walk break, but gradually I increased my distance. I've never been very fast (only a 5 mph pace), but I can go for quite a while without a break now - even on hilly terrain. My light runs during the week are about 4 miles non-stop. Last weekend my sister and I did 10 miles non-stop - took 2 hours and 2 minutes. Got a half-marathon in less than 3 weeks and we want to run the entire thing without stopping. We got this. :flowerforyou:
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started C25K as a non runner on February 15th. I've worked up to 30 minute runs. It's just shy of 3 miles three times per week.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day for me! I have only been running for about 7 months. I try to do at least one "long" run a week (about an hour). Otherwise, I try to always do at least 5K, so about 30 minutes. I did the Couch to 5K plan to get started. The gradual build-up of time worked well for me.

This is pretty much what I do and how I started. Will be doing a 10k charity run in 2 weeks, that's about as far as I can go!
  • mellstein
    mellstein Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been running for almost a year and a half and I'm in the same boat...2.5 miles is about it. I would really like to add time and miles but I'm finding it really hard.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Depending on how long I go, I run between 30-50 mins. I am just getting back into running outside and cardio though. Back in the fall and late summer I could run for an hour or more and do around 5-6 miles. I am working back up to that.

As someone else said, whether its a 14 min mile or a 7 min mile, it is still a mile! I always work on getting distance down first, and then working on making my times faster.

Good Luck!
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I go for distance over time. My short runs are 1.5 miles, my long runs are 4+. If I'm doing less than three, I do 9 minute miles, over 3 it's about 10 minutes.
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    I usually tell myself I have to run at least one mile...whatever happens after that is up to my mood and the music on my playlist.
    I usully end up running about 1 1/2 to two miles and walking at least one on some sort of crazy incline.
    If I run outside I just run and don't worry about how far as long as I burn about 200 cals.
    So in a matter of time I usually get at least 30 min. of running in but I only run when I feel like it. Sometimes once a week sometimes 3 or 4 times a week.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Depends. When I do intervals, 30-40 minutes or so. I usually do those on the treadmill, and any longer than that I #1 am exhausted from the sprints and #2 want to get the eff of the damn treadmill because it's boring. If I'm just doing a nice steady run (jogging and running mean the same thing in my mind, I just run slowly) anywhere from an hour to 2 hours, depending on what I'm trying to achieve and if I'm training for anything.

The best run I ever had was a 10 miler (took me about an hour and 50 minutes) one day out on the trails around the lake. Took my time and felt great!!
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    I've been workingo n running for a year and a half, and not being very dedicated, I've had to start over several times. This time, I've got it in the bag tho! Middle of March I started running (I say running, but its a fast jog, SLOW run 10-13mm, depending on the day/circumstances) and could only go about 1.5mi, in about 15-20 min. I've worked up to 3.5 in about 40 min. I don't focus on time. I focus on going a certain distance - always a block or two further than the time before. After I make the distance, I look at my watch to see how fast I made it. Sometimes it took a lot longer to run the same basic distance, sometimes I ran the further distance in less time than before.

I try to run on M,T, Th, F. I sprinkle in a light easy (aka SLOW) run, intervals going as as fast as I can for .25 -.5 mi, then walking for .25mi, and longer runs, and faster, shorter runs. If my knee is bothering me or something, I go for a 7mi bike ride in the same amount of time. I usually get about 10-12mi right now, and run for an average of 35-38min each time, whether I'm doing intervals or steady state.

I've found that finding a route that takes me farther away from my home (this means no running around the 4 sq blocks around my house) makes me have to finish, and even if I don't run the WHOLE time, I still have to get home, so walking fast works to burn cal too - just not a quickly as even just a slow run. :) Hope that helps to encourage you!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It is all relative. Give yourself some time to build up endurance and soon you'll be saying, "oh I have just 4 miles to do today"

My lowest per day is 3. Max 20. Average miles per day - 8-9
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started in March. How long I run usually depends on my kids. (I have 6 and have to work running in around naps and carpool and their sports schedule.) Most days I just get 20 minutes to run (so 2 miles.) Once a week I do 5 or 6 miles and usually one other 3 or 4 mile run.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My short runs are 3 and 4 miles respectively, my medium run is 5 or6, and at the minute my long one is just short of ten miles, and growing.

OP, if you want to develop your running, just add on a minute or so a week (aim to increase by roughly ten percent a week - but bear in mind that's just a rule of thumb, not an absolute.)

I started running in November, I think. Or thereabouts. Maybe a bit before then.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I find that 15 minutes is all I can do. Im jogging the whole time though. Anyone?

I run anywhere from 30 minutes to 50 minutes. However, today was a PB at 67 minutes, I must be getting fitter :oD
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, I run 4 miles in 40-45 minutes. On either Saturday or Sunday, I do a 10 mile run in about 1:45.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    only far enough to get away from the bad guy.

LOL.

But really, depends on how fast I'm going, I run the same route everytime though and then walk back up so usually two miles without stopping, then two of walking uphill at a brisk pace. Doing C25k to "retrain" so to speak after not running for eight months.