exercise before or after dinner in the evening?

Options
2»

Replies

• maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    I am always tired after I exercise, like it melts away the stress and leaves me relaxed. When I exercise in the am, I am more tired through the day. So I like to exercise at night- if I am walking, it can be an hour or so after dinner, but if it's zumba or aerobics I'll wait till like 9 pm. It doesn't affect calorie burn or anything, might affect your energy levels though. Just listen to your body and do what works for you.
  • mcknz121
    mcknz121 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi

Which is best?

I find that mostly do it after dinner probably hour to 2 hours later?

I workout before dinner. The thought of dinner spurs me on during my training and motivates me no end :bigsmile:

^^^^^THIS!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I work out before dinner. and that usually leaves me eating at around 730-8pm..
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I always go after work and before dinner
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I work out after the little one is down for the night so I usually start around 9 or 9:30, depending on how cooperative he is being:smile:
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Before dinner for me. If I ate then worked out I would probably puke and who wants to go to bed with puke breath? LOL
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Before dinner after I get home from work because I always get cramps when I run after eating a meal. I do make sure to eat a piece of fruit or some nuts before and then load up on a protein rich dinner after my evening jog.
  • ChickPea89
    ChickPea89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I work out after dinner as I like to split my workouts across the day. Also I sleep like a baby this way- always a plus :D.
  • tracek1ng
    tracek1ng Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks all for you info much appreciated!