Yogurt and adding protien powder

Options
Maryaly40
Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
Has anyone added a scoop of protien powder to any flavor Yoplait yogurt? I have tried to eat Greek yogurt but the consistency grosses me out so I thought to gain the protien benefit, what if I add it to my favorite yogurt? Any1 done this yet? And does it taste gritty or clumpy?

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Done it, tastes fine. The texture is fine, only slightly different than normal and you get used to it.
  • jevans1969
    jevans1969 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use protein powder in my greek yogurt, but the trick for me is to add enough soy/almond/hemp (whatever) milk to the yogurt to thin it out. No sugar added apple sauce will thin it too. I always add fruit as well so I need to thin it down or it's like eating fruit and wallpaper paste LOL! Good Luck I hope this helps.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of greek yogurt so I've been mixing it into a smoothie lately.

yogurt, whey protein, blue berries, bananas, strawberries etc. mix it with milk or juice (if it fits into your daily needs).

I duno about just mixing whey and yogurt. I feel like the texture would bother me.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    when we had optimum nutrition double chocolate powder I used to add that to yoghurt... just to low fat yoghurt and I liked it. It was like chocolate mousse. I sometimes added oats too, and let it all sit til it got soft.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I added a scoop of whey protein powder to a cup of Costco Nonfat Greek Yogurt, I mix it for a while, and it actually becomes very smooth-like Yoplait. No clumping/texture issues at all. it does have a bit of a 'whey' taste to it, so I add in ½c of blueberries, tastes great. 275 calories and 49g of protein.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Tastes fine =) it's really good, I do it with vanilla fat free and and vanilla whey .. yum.. even good with chocolate :) such an awesome quick breakfast.
  • MightyVoltron
    MightyVoltron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Adding vanilla protein can actually make it a bit creamy and yummy. Try it also on oatmeal and milk, almonds and splenda brown sugar....yum
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    when we had optimum nutrition double chocolate powder I used to add that to yoghurt... just to low fat yoghurt and I liked it. It was like chocolate mousse. I sometimes added oats too, and let it all sit til it got soft.

^^ i have the same brand and it mixes well into pretty much anything i've tried. i would imagine any yogurt would mix fine with it, especially if i can easily mix it into the thicker greek variety. i have also added a splash of almond or coconut milk to thin it out. a few quick pulses in the magic bullet (not THAT kind :wink:) mixes it really well, too. i guess it all depends on your protein powder, though.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Casein is good in yoghurt too as it thickens it right up and feels more filling. Great for a late night snack due to the slow absorption