the "girls"

Options
ugh, rather not have the whole mfp community see me on this, but hey, i need some advice.

i've been working out for @ 18mo now.. but noticed a few wks ago my breast size going down... a friend noticed it (significantly) @ 2 months ago, but i didn't. don't get me wrong, i could've standed to lose some there. i developed young & fast.. and have 2 kids didn't help... at this point i dont wanna lose anymore!!! i'm borderline flatchested... according to my body (compared to how they were) lol.... longshot- but any way of preventing the shrinkage? :frown:

Replies

• momma_a
    momma_a Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Boobs=adipose tissue. Mine have gone down a bit, but I don't think there is anything to stop from losing in that area. I had killer pecs at one point years back, and it helped my boobs with perk, but thats about it.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a crossfit question lol
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Nope, fatty tissue there. Mine just recently started shrinking, and I've noticed that they feel like skin and not all boob feeling anymore. Does that make sense? I could still use to loose some more up there but I'm not sure I want to cus I am not liking how they are looking naked.
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    consider yourself lucky...i was checking out my wedding photos from last weekend and dang! i wish my tatas would get a lot smaller! i agree with mama2sethando...mine are starting to feel like loose skin with boobs floating around in there somewhere - haha! i've heard building pec muscles can give the appearance of firmer and rounder ones? good luck girl :)
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    mama... yes, i def understand... they don't feel "full" lol.... i'm def looking into surgery.... i've had grandma boobs since i was 20... smh :grumble:
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    amy, trust... at a DDD, i could stand to lose some, but its somewhat SIGNIFICANT now... gonna see my fam i haven't seen in almost a yr.. i know my sisters are gonna get on me @ it bc it is so noticeable... not worried @ that.. but still... its really noticeable
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I have lost SO much. I went from a 42DD to a 34C or 36B depending. I don't mind that they are small, I just wish I could get a *lift*.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Mine left town when I got down around 130 lbs. If I go up to 140 they come back a bit. But when I'm the 120's like now... bah, LOL
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I went from a 42F to a 40F in the last 2 months. I was already promised a boob job when we got married cause, seriously, they're enormous and they've been hangin since I grew 'em. I can't wait!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i have lost nearly 40 pounds and the girls are down about a half a cup (d to c+) still are looking pretty good considering their age! :)
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    amy, trust... at a DDD, i could stand to lose some, but its somewhat SIGNIFICANT now... gonna see my fam i haven't seen in almost a yr.. i know my sisters are gonna get on me @ it bc it is so noticeable... not worried @ that.. but still... its really noticeable

Get a good bra!! I lost a ton of weight about 10 years back and they didn't go down. It just varies from person to person. I had a reduction and basically they did a lift in there. You can go the surgery route if you want but if your significant other doesn't mind, just get a good bra that give you plenty of support and lift!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    yes, a good bra will help support. you may want to consult you OBGYN for serious concerns tho.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine have 'gone down' aka disappeared. I was never super full chested but right now they're gotten pretty small and it all seemed to happen that last 5-10lbs or so -- those last *stubborn* pounds! I have to go bra shopping soon. I've put it off and put it off. The fact that my size C bras have sag and bag because my boobs don't fill out the cups anymore is absolutely depressing.

I think I could be ok with smaller -- but them puppies need a lift in a major way.
    I was someone who would have never thought about plastic surgery, now I have quite the list of stuff I would LOVE to have done. Of course I am sure it will never happen though. :sad:

I feel your pain!!!
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The girls are the first thing I lose. I would absolutely consider plastic surgery, unfortunately my thighs are the last thing I lose so I'd rather have plastic surgery there! LOL There isn't a way to choose where to lose weight or to stop losing in certain places.

A the joys of womanhood :)
  • naswegan
    naswegan Posts: 9
    Options
    I wish I could help...I had a decent chest in high school and college when I was bigger. I dropped some serious weight and they all but disappeared, like two baby windsocks haha. Then I got pregnant and ballooned, and the first two months postpartum they were scary big...and when I started working on post-baby weight loss they have since burrowed into hiding again (they were the first to go...so unfair).

Some workouts help bring them up a bit- wall and floor push-ups gave mine a lift- but they don't make them grow back, unfortunately. Seems most are either blessed with a large chest on a tiny stature or they have to choose from the great toss-up: bigger boobs with maybe a bigger body, or thinner and (somewhat) flatter.
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options

i started at a 42 DDD, i bought a 40 DD sports bra recenlty but it's pretty smooshy lol, i told my husband i wanted a reduction/lift when i get to my goal weight! I totally feel your pain..love yourself, saggy, tig ole bitties or whatever :wink:
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose much, from a 34DDD to a 32DDD, but they look and feel SO MUCH SMALLER. The Lingerie lady at Nordstrom said they're going to feel "looser" and deflated (which is a weird way to describe it but she's TOTALLY right) after a major weight loss. They were really flabby for a while too.

I went to a plastic surgeon for a consult for a lift and he, being the awesome guy he is, said to wait until I've kept weight off for a year because the skin might regain elasticity. He also said flaxseed oil can help. That was 5 months ago, and they are better now, but I'll probably still get a lift in a year. :D

So, maybe try a faxseed oil supplement? And time and maybe surgery. Wah wah.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    OH! And get fitted for and buy a new bra STAT. Definitely before you see your sisters. :happy:
  • momma_a
    momma_a Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I must be one of the only ones who doesn't mind smaller boobs ;) lol. I am on the smaller side of a B now.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ha! I love all you ladies!!!! Granted I am an itty bitty 5' tall I dropped 20 lbs and mine almost DISAPEARED. Like most posters on the thread I was always smallish, had baby, they balooned, lost baby weight and they went small, but losing these last 20 lbs that have been lingering for the 5 years since I had my little girl, and my *small B- nice A cup* transformed into freaking bug bites! Ok not that bad, and I'm glad they are perky and all that mess, but My A cup bras are too big :-/ I feel like people with boobs my size should get free boob jobs from the government. Ok I am being silly~~ cummon girls! We are human. We are never going to be completely satisfied with ourselves NO MATTER WHAT! A sis makes a comment about the size of your chest, whip around and flash that smaller arss at her and change the topic to something positive. You are beautiful and your dedication to losing the excess weight and being more healthy is ALL THAT MATTERS. That is for the OP but goes out to EVERYONE HERE