Wii Fit?

Michelle09
Michelle09 Posts: 50 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone use Wii Fit for their workouts? If so, which programs are your favorite? We are thinking about getting a Wii. thanks! :happy:

Replies

• I love my Wii and the Wii Fit, although if you are looking for a good workout I would stick with traditional cardio and strength exercises. It is a lot of fun to play but I do not feel that I get a really tough workout with it, but it is great to add in for a few extra calories and also to track your progress with Weight and BMI. One great thing is that it definitely does improve your balance and posture the more you do it. All in all i would recommend it because it is a ton of fun but not necessarily for the workout. HTH.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    I completely agree with Scoobdoob808. I use ours when it's too hard to get any other exercise because the kids wants mommy to play with them. :laugh:

The boxing is pretty good if you really give it your all, the first few times I boxed, my arms and shoulders were really sore!

Like Scoobdoob808, it's a good supplement to whatever cardio you are already doing but you probably couldn't make it your main workout. However, it is alot of fun and the kids love it!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I use it for my scale for my checkins and to have some fun with the family. My 2 year old loves doing the step aerobics and the yoga. I also don't find it challenging but it is fun. The new Wii Fit will be coming out soon. I would wait for that. It looks like it has some nice new features.

Have fun. :happy:
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Yes I use my wii fit everyday. For one I use it as my regular scare. And I use it for exercise at least 3 times a week. I can't wait, the Wii Fit Plus comes out on October 4th.
  • I have asked DH if we could add Wii to our large assortment of gadgets, however, that hasnt been a priority. So instead I settled for "Richard Simmons, Sweatin to the Oldies". Its a really fun, good and motivational workout.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 185 Member
    I like to use the Wii Fit (just got off of it!) in the mornings to complement my 5k jogging training. The strength training helps along with the Aerobic/Cardio portion. 30 minutes each morning is all it takes!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    We've been looking at getting Wii Fit lately, too. We have to get a Wii first, though. We had one, and sold it because we ended up never playing it. (Go figure.)
  • I used by WII FIt at least 3-4 times a week, I like the Hula Hoop, Soccer, and the step aerobic. I can't wait for the new one to come out.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    I lost my first 50 lbs only using the Wii Fit. Wii Fit Plus is coming out shortly and that should make it easier to string together a group of exercises. Once you have your Wii, also you can get EA Sports Active, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout and My Fitness Coach, all of which I can highly recommend. As in all workout equipment, they are only helpful if you use them regularly.
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    I have both it and the wii active and love the wii active for a good workout!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 185 Member
This discussion has been closed.