New Rules of Lifting Weights for Women (NROLW)

Options
2»

Replies

• megg0616
    megg0616 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about starting this program. Did anyone wait unroll you got closer to your goal weight or does it not matter? I do know the scale may go up but the body composition will change drastically. What are your thoughts?

It never hurts to start a program early on. Just remember that excess body fat may obscure some of your results for some time. In addition, if you have a tendency to put on fat disproportionately in some places, you might want to be careful about how you work out with weights.

Cue the: "Weights never made me bigger" women. Good for you. Everyone is not the same.
    I do understand that I'm about 10 to 15 pounds from my goal weight but I have the ability to build muscle pretty easily and can get big quickly which I don't want to do that with extra fat on me...lol As of right now I am not sure if I should start that yet or not. I do light weight train with cardio and have really defined my arms but still have fat to lose....
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    I am still about 15 lbs from my goal weight and I started the program today. It totally kicked my butt, but this is coming from someone who had never lifted weights before. I did Stage 1, Workout A and could not lift more than the bar (45 lbs) for the squats. I also used 45 lbs for the seated rows and 10 lbs dumbbells for the step-ups. In addition, based on recommendations I saw on a different site, I subbed the jack knife exercise with planks for 60 seconds.

Hope that helps. It was difficult, but not impossible.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Hi, I originally post this in a different thread, but I think it is relevant here to. I did start out a little lower that this, but since i've only done five sessions hopefully this will give you an idea, although its going to be different for everyone of course.

everything that says 15 reps I should be able to take a decent jump in weight on friday when I go down to 12 reps.
    I am 5'2" and 95lb.
    Squats: 2x12 40lb
    Bent over row: 2x12 33lb
    Step up: 2x12 each leg 20lb in each hand
    Deadlift: 2x15 46lb
    Dumbell shoulder press: 2x15 9lb each hand
    Pullover: 2x15 13lb
    Lunge 2x15 13lb each hand
    Swiss ball crunchs:2x8 holding 20lb