anyone have actual zumba results??

Options

Replies

• Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I zumba as much as possible. I've lost almost 6 inches around my nautral waist and almost two inches off each arm, an about an inch and a half around my thighs.

I haven't changed much in weight, but my figure is changing.
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba been going for over a year, lost more inches than weight (about 25lbs so far) and I started Zumba toning about 3 months ago. I love that too, thats when most of the inches came off. A friend of mine started with me, and she has lost almost 70lbs, but she is very regimented on her calories....But I love love love zumba!
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba since I started the diet, its the main form of exercise that I do, and I've had great success with it!
  • marinamariajuarez
    Options
    Use athletic tape, or if you are handy, make spandex wrap arounds for the toe area of your shoes. If you look through the product section of Zumba.com, they sell a very similar item.
  • gmorales06
    gmorales06 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight before starting Zumba;however, the energy I get from Zumba is priceless! I'm also loving how my clothes are fitting now, for that I do give Zumba all the credit since I've toned up =)
  • Tiff6884
    Tiff6884 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba now for a little over a week and dropped 7.5lbs and 6 pant sizes! I am extremely happy with my results, and the fact I am losing weight out of my legs, and mid-section! It is extremely noticeable that i have lost inches in my waist and legs! Of course like with any exercise program its what you put into is what you get out. I also changed my eating habits cutting out soda's, and watching what I eat. If anyone wants to be friends add me :)!
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba now for a little over a week and dropped 7.5lbs and 6 pant sizes! I am extremely happy with my results, and the fact I am losing weight out of my legs, and mid-section! It is extremely noticeable that i have lost inches in my waist and legs! Of course like with any exercise program its what you put into is what you get out. I also changed my eating habits cutting out soda's, and watching what I eat. If anyone wants to be friends add me :)!

You dropped 6 sizes in a week? What? Did you mean a month? That's crazy! Well done for your loss though :)
  • simplyAmanda89
    simplyAmanda89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I actually lost 30lbs last year just from changing to no sodas and sweets and doing zumba 6 days a week. Its a really good workout and I havent gained any of that weight back. Now I'm just working on the other 30 lbs. Last year it took me about 2 1/2 months to lose that weight with just zumba. I'm actually about to start up again. You can add me if you'd like to share progress and how the workouts go. I have the dvd's at home as well I dont go to the classes because im too self concious. Good luck!
  • Tiff6884
    Options

You dropped 6 sizes in a week? What? Did you mean a month? That's crazy! Well done for your loss though :)

I guess my metabolism came out hibernation with a vengeance. I went from 24/26 to a 16/18 within 8 days. I cut out sodas completely and added water and cut back to a 1200 calorie diet on top of that. I am doing between an hour and hour and half of Zumba everyday. I was amazed as well believe me I didn't think that could happen either. :) Thanks for the congrats.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba 2-3 times weekly for 9 months. I've lost 40 pounds and gone down three sizes. Love it! :happy:
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    I held a friend's Zumba DVD hostage for months last fall. I love it! So I finally got my own copy and when I use it twice a week I lose inches more so than weight. I also use the elliptical at the gym, but think Zumba has a greater effect.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    love zumba! lost 40 pounds, gained balance and some serious hip movements! along with a ton of confidence in myself.
  • Bigsexy290
    Bigsexy290 Posts: 29
    Options
    I do Zumba and love it my boyfriend noticed that my clothes were fitting different before I did, the calorie burn is also crazy at times 945cal in 40mins (yes i busted my *kitten* for that)..very addictive!
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I Zumba'd (is that a word?) for the first time ever on Tuesday. If my schedule were a little less crowded, I'd totally go again. It was awesome fun and really got me sweating.
  • Tiff6884
    Options
    I do Zumba and love it my boyfriend noticed that my clothes were fitting different before I did, the calorie burn is also crazy at times 945cal in 40mins (yes i busted my *kitten* for that)..very addictive!

Its extremely addicting! I almost get sad when I think about not doing it. LOL. Since I got the DVD's in the mail, I use them everyday! And yes you burns lots of calories, but you earn them! :)
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I do Zumba every morning for 20-30 minutes. I have the Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii...It tells you how many calories you burn and keeps track of if for you. I LOVE IT!! I am not quite ready to go public yet but maybe someday. If you want something with big calorie burn and lots of sweating....try it. I couldn't do it that great in the beginning and now I get 4-5 stars on all the low intensity dances and I am working my way into the mediums. I started my lifestyle change in January. I started doing Zumba 42 days ago.
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love I started with the wii version then finally ordered the dvd's. I havent gotten the nerve to attend a regular class yet. I feel like I am not losing weight as quickly but I am toning up and slimming down. I went shopping and was able to buy clothes 2 sizes smaller. Totally worth it!
  • dhilbun
    dhilbun Posts: 2
    Options
    I have started doing Zumba last month and I love it . I was always afraid to do stuff like that by myself. I wanted to try it for about a year and always had an excuse for myself. Then one night I looked up where there was a zumba class going on and i just thought to myself I need to do this for myself because no one else is going to push me or care if I lost weight. I went and I was not very good at it and thought to myself I don't care what i look like as long as I am moving. I seen there where lots of people in my shoes learning for the first time and believe me No One Is watching you. They are all watching the instructor ,trying to keep up with her .. So I say to the ones that are nervous about going . Take that step and try it ! I am so glad I did and I am getting better after 4 classes because the instructors do the same routines each week. I also have slimmed down some and feel much more healthier then ever. Also you meet new people going though the same thing as you. Someone said on here that Zumba is "very addictive! " and they are not lying about that . I look forward to the next class. I try now to do 2 or 3 classes a week if I can.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba 3 times a week for 1 hr per session and have lost 25 lbs. I have also been cutting my calories. So I definitely think it works.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    you get out of it what you put into it. if you go half assed you will get half assed results! but if you go in hard doing everything 110% you will get a lot out of it. you get so much stronger that's what i find with doing aqua zumba. And don't think because it's in the water that it's easier because it is actually harder because of the water resistance.
    I love it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!