HRM - please help me find one!

Options
2»

Replies

• melb747
    melb747 Posts: 10
    Options
    Chest strap? I dont get it... how does a HRM work? I thought it was just like a watch or something!
  • morninglilli
    morninglilli Posts: 194
    Options
    Chest strap? I dont get it... how does a HRM work? I thought it was just like a watch or something!

The chest strap holds the heart rate monitor, then it sends a signal to the computer in the watch where you can track the data.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Bump - need to get me one of these!

Anyone know if you can get one with a GPS (to track hiking routes in the UK)?
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't have the flowlink. I used to enter everything by hand and it got very tedious. I've just been logging things here on MFP. I'm strongly considering asking for one for my birthday though. As for the gps, I already have a pretty good pedometer that keeps track of my pace and distance. But I liked the ability to 'upgrade' without having to buy a new watch.
  • jendon7
    jendon7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i was just looking at these on amazon when i saw your post! thanks for posting. i had NO idea what i was looking at. i'm ordering an FT4 right now. :)
  • luvsAR12
    luvsAR12 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have the polar FT4, I love it. Its the most basic on but totally does the job!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7 and I do have the Flowlink. I bought it a couple of months after the HRM and it is worth it to me. I got tired of pushing all the buttons to write down all my statistics for tracking.
  • Sundance722
    Sundance722 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I own a woman's polar fitness (sorry, can't think of the model # right now. When I get home later, I'll update this post.) It's my favorite because it's the only one I've owned and it's never given me any problems -- that is, when I've used it. Haha

Since I couldn't edit my original post, I have a Polar F6.
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I also recommend the Polar brand. I've had one for quite a while now and love it! Very easy to use as well. Mine is the FT6 model.