Living with people who don't care about their health?

Options
2»

Replies

• barleespringers
    Options
    I live with my grandfather and aunt, while wait until I can move to France (to be with my fiancé).
    Not one family member cares about my health even after my heart attack. I have just learned to take care of myself .. and not worry about others that don't care about theirs.
    For my birthday, I watch the whole family eat cake and pizza while I make my own meal.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    my kids and my husband eat all kinds of crap. What I did was I made a list of all the healthy foods that I love, sure I love alot of unhealthy foods but I want to concentrate on eating healthy. I have one section of the cupboard that is for my snacks and when I want something I go to my section I dont look at their junk. It is hard at first but it becomes easier.....
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    my kids and my husband eat all kinds of crap. What I did was I made a list of all the healthy foods that I love, sure I love alot of unhealthy foods but I want to concentrate on eating healthy. I have one section of the cupboard that is for my snacks and when I want something I go to my section I dont look at their junk. It is hard at first but it becomes easier.....

You let your kids "eat all kinds of crap" while you know how important it is to eat healthy foods?
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options

You let your kids "eat all kinds of crap" while you know how important it is to eat healthy foods?

As a mother i try my best to make sure my daughter eats as healthy as possible, but even more so, now that we are here, her grand parents are giving her all kinds of ****. I give her a good balance of good and bad. Sure she has chicken nuggets, but i make sure she has it with a fruit or steamed veggie, snack is almost always a banana or greek yogurt. She was under weight so i tried my best to let her eat whatever she will eat, but now that she's back on track, if im making a lifestyle change, so is she ;)
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Like living with someone with addiction problem :-( Sadder still because I care about hubby and would like him to be healthier and not suffer health issues that are probably related to food choices. Frustrating!
  • nas24
    Options
    I've been encouraging my mom to eat healthier in order to lose weight so she will have less pain in her knees. Last week I saw her eat (no joke) a butter and peanut butter sandwich.

WTF?!

/I feel your pain

OMG! I died laughing when i read this...lol. love it. My mom had half a block of cream cheese covered in pepper jelly, eating with it with crackers. I just kept looking like "is that really half a block of cream cheese??" Yesterday she was eating ruffles by the handful, dipping them in ketchup (ketchup is not a dip!!!!) Also, she does quite a bit of gardening, which is great, but since she uses the riding lawn mower to get from point a to point b, shes getting 1/4th of the exercise she could be getting!!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If you could get rid of the cookie platter without them getting pissed off, DO IT. Other than that you'll need to come to an agreement that if they are going to eat garbage than at least keep it NOT in a common area where its visible. Because that's just not fair... that would be like having alcohol and drinking around of a recovering alcoholic!

It's their house and they shouldn't have to hide their own food. It's great that she is trying to eat healthier but that doesn't mean her parents have to. At my house I decided to eat better, not my husband. I can't expect him to not put his food in the kitchen anymore than he can expect that from me.
  • nas24
    Options
    If you could get rid of the cookie platter without them getting pissed off, DO IT. Other than that you'll need to come to an agreement that if they are going to eat garbage than at least keep it NOT in a common area where its visible. Because that's just not fair... that would be like having alcohol and drinking around of a recovering alcoholic!

It's their house and they shouldn't have to hide their own food. It's great that she is trying to eat healthier but that doesn't mean her parents have to. At my house I decided to eat better, not my husband. I can't expect him to not put his food in the kitchen anymore than he can expect that from me.

This is true, which is why i just got a large ziplock and put all the cookies in there and away in a cabinet where i can see them (as often)
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

This is true, which is why i just got a large ziplock and put all the cookies in there and away in a cabinet where i can see them (as often)

That's a good idea! It does get easier. though. I hardly notice his food anymore and he'll sometimes eat what I make myself for dinner now.
  • BLR2JLR
    BLR2JLR Posts: 38
    Options
    My mother lives with me and my two teenage daughters( 19 & 15 ) and it’s a 24/7 struggle with food & weight in our house. My mama is from the deep south Louisiana so healthy is not is her vocabulary at all !! God bless her heart and she does most of the cooking When I do try to cooking something healthy everyone turns their nose up at it and she will fried then up something on the side so they can have a real dinner uggg. She is baked 3 sweet potato pies for my nieces school and they only need 2 so she ate the WHOLE pie LOL.

16622254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods