Replies

• lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • linpen12
    linpen12 Posts: 8
    Options
    i LOVE homemade salsa. Heres what i put in and honestly i never measure i just go by taste. Tomatoes, purple onion, garlic, cilantro, jalopeno, lime juice, pepper, sea salt (if u want i never put it in and i dont feel it needs it), SOMETIMES i put avocado in it to just to change it up a bit. This is seriously the BEST salsa i have ever had. :)

This is how I make mine. Last summer one of our neighbors gave me all fresh ingredients from his garden. I was able to can some and we've had it all year long. Homegrown ingredients or some from a farmer's market will take it to the next level!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Tomato, Onion, Peppers, fresh basil!!!!, lemon juice, jerk seasoning,cilantro,garlic and maybe some sun dried tomato diced in. don't use too much lemon juice..

Any idea how much of each ingredient?
    THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF COOKING,, SUIT TO YOUR TASTE. MAYBE 3 TOMATOS,, ONE ONION, HALF A PEPPER..(MAYBE HALF A HOT PEPPER TOO) 14 POUNDS OF BASIL.(NOT A TYPO).. MAYBE A CLOVE OF GARLIC MINCED.. 2 SMALL SUNDRIED TOMATOS , SOME CILANTRO AND EITHER DRY JERK OR JARRED TO TASTE. i LIKE TO PEEL MY TOMATOS FIRST, AND DESEED..
    you really can't screw this up... unless like I said, you over do the lemon juice.. the juice of half a lemon is way too much.. someone mentioned lime.. that sounds rockin'... I love the way in the caribbean, many places serve lime as citrus of choice to drizzle on shrimp and conch fritters and fish and stuff..
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I can this one every year and once a jar is open it disappears.
    http://www.canadianliving.com/food/peppy_salsa.php

Looking forward to trying some of the others!
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    2 tomatoes roughly chopped, 1 slice onion finely chopped, 2 peppers of choice (I use black Thai), 1 1/2 T minced fresh cilantro, 1 T lime juice.
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This recipe is THE BEST SALSA RECIPE HANDS DOWN!!!

I've had so many people freak out when I make this.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/restaurant-style-salsa/
    This is my go-to! Love this. Not sure about sodium content though with the canned tomatoes.
  • Sweet_Pea_82
    Sweet_Pea_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Blender salsa

2 14 ounce cans of diced tomatoes, I use one can of Rotel and one normal drained Beware of salt in canned tomatoes, some have less or you can use the cartons. If you use the cartons add canned jalepenos or fresh . (not sure on salt in canned jalepenos)
    2 + cloves garlic
    squeeze half lemon
    cilantro to taste
    optional onion

I chop the cilantro and garlic coarsley and add it to the blender and blend until smooth but slightly chunky. Super simple and always gets raves.

Sounds great!! Thank you!! I'm going to soo try this one!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    This recipe is THE BEST SALSA RECIPE HANDS DOWN!!!

I've had so many people freak out when I make this.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/restaurant-style-salsa/

Made this today, so far so good, now I just gotta wait for all the flavors to meld. She does not lie, it makes a ton and it packs a punch! (or I had an extra spicy jalapeno)