I'm new to this and I really need some support!!!

Options
I want to start exercising and dieting mainly for my mental health. I hear sooo so many times that if I start eating healthy and exercising, I'll feel a lot happier. I want to be happy and healthy and motivated. I've also heard that once I start working out for a while, I'll start to enjoy it and start becoming more motivated to be healthy and I'll start having motivation to change other things in my life. I'm a 20 year old girl. I want to lose like 15 lbs. I want to tone up and lose body fat. I'm looking to do a lot of toning and a lot of strength training as well as yoga/meditation. I'm a super supportive friend! I really prefer the type of people that are honest and tough with me. I need a good kick in the butt sometimes to get off the couch and get on the treadmill! Anyone? :(

Replies

• luvsAR12
    luvsAR12 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! I'm adding you as a friend, hopefully we can work out and eat healthy together and help each other out!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    kick;kick get off of that couch! Do I hour of Zumba asap! :glasses:
  • rachelle78
    rachelle78 Posts: 4
    Options
    The only thing that keeps me motivated for the long run of exercising is the benefits it offers me psychologically. Maybe some people are motivated to look good in a bikini or something(and that is nice:) dont get me wrong but the MOST benefit for me is the feeling of peace and calm and energy I have when excercising regularly. So I think you are on the right track! The pounds will come off naturally by eating right too and we feel good from that as well. I'm not much of butt kicker so I cant really offer that but I can remind you how good it feels to be active.
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi,

congratulations on starting on the right path! :) You've already made the first step by joining this and deciding to reach out. I will gladly help you in any way I can. :) Friend me and we'll chat and get you on a diet/exercise regiment! ;)

take care,
    Michele :)
  • forrelli
    forrelli Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd love to make some new friends and get some support as well! lets be friends
  • seafolk
    seafolk Posts: 9
    Options
    Ah, I love this community! I would definitely love a larger support group! And if anyone else is exercising for mental health, please message me!
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    exercising/getting healthier ALWAYS helps out in every side of life - physical, emotional and mental......

Good for you girl in your goals to get healthier......you got this!!! Also, feel free to add me and same goes to everyone else as well!! :D