Question.......

Options
2»

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Unless you claim to be another species, all of our "make ups" are more or less the same. You don't HAVE to do anything, of course.You also don't have to be healthy, you don't have to lose weight, you don't have to brush your teeth, etc.

In short, if you want overall health you need a healthy lifestyle. That means sensible eating and some type of movement. The whole "if you don't use it you lose it" is very true for your body as it ages. Your muscles deteriorate with age, bone loss starts, joint problems, and so much more. If you want to hold that off as long as possible the easiest way is to take a few hours a week and take care of yourself.

Before you attack my response, READ IT. Moron. A-typical asshat response in jumping to conclusions. If your metabolism is the EXACT same as mine, then someone has successfully cloned me. But since that has yet to happen, YOUR CHEMICAL MAKE-UP IS DIFFERENT.

It's probably a little different since I'm a woman, but its really not that different. Pretty much everyone will get fat if they eat more calories than they burn. Except in the case of diseases maybe, one persons chemicals are not that different from another. You're still a human and your body functions the same. There's no reason to think that you're a special little flower and there is no one else like you in the universe.

P.S. The insults were a little unnecessary.You should probably get the anger checked out if random people on the internet get you this fired up.
  • shellicious777
    shellicious777 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Unless you claim to be another species, all of our "make ups" are more or less the same. You don't HAVE to do anything, of course.You also don't have to be healthy, you don't have to lose weight, you don't have to brush your teeth, etc.

In short, if you want overall health you need a healthy lifestyle. That means sensible eating and some type of movement. The whole "if you don't use it you lose it" is very true for your body as it ages. Your muscles deteriorate with age, bone loss starts, joint problems, and so much more. If you want to hold that off as long as possible the easiest way is to take a few hours a week and take care of yourself.

Before you attack my response, READ IT. Moron. A-typical asshat response in jumping to conclusions. If your metabolism is the EXACT same as mine, then someone has successfully cloned me. But since that has yet to happen, YOUR CHEMICAL MAKE-UP IS DIFFERENT.

It's probably a little different since I'm a woman, but its really not that different. Pretty much everyone will get fat if they eat more calories than they burn. Except in the case of diseases maybe, one persons chemicals are not that different from another. You're still a human and your body functions the same. There's no reason to think that you're a special little flower and there is no one else like you in the universe.

P.S. The insults were a little unnecessary.You should probably get the anger checked out if random people on the internet get you this fired up.

HE does seem a little angry doesn't he? Calling names really isn't nice. He must not have learned that when he was a child or he was called names. Your response was very good!!
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    WOW I didn't mean for anyone to get defensive. I thought it was an honest question. And YES right now the biggest reason I want to lose the weight is PURE vanity. Its not like I sit all day ever day on the couch. I do have a desk job, BUT I also have a house to clean, yard work to take care of, and of course 3 kids to take care of. I am healthy as of now, but that can change at anytime, just like anyone else. For now I want to be realistic about trying to find any extra time to fit in working out. Yes I know to be physically fit i need to work out. But I don't want to kill myself trying to make a workout happen, when I have other responsibilities (kids) that require my time. When i loathe working out and know I can get healthier by taking some of my weight off simply by cutting calories I see no reason to make myself miserable working out. Thanks to everyone that answered me. :flowerforyou:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Just play outside with your kids for a bit when its nice out. It's fun for everyone and won't feel like a work out
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Talk about uniformed and flat incorrect answers. People...WAKE UP. "You wont be healthy" and "you'll be flabby" are absolutely moronic replies. Stop trying to put everyone into a "form-factor" of general knowledge. Not everyone develops a "host of health problems". I despise idiotic generalizations of how life will be. Everyone's body "make-up" is different

1. You do not have to work out in order to be healthy
    2. You will not necessarily be "Flabby" if you don't workout

Remember this, 90% of your journey is in your DIET - If your nutritional intake (diet) is well balanced, then you can continue to lose weight until your body naturally adjusts and "rests" at a specific weight. Your activity level does not HAVE to involve exercising; however, the medical benefits are shown to be positive in maintaining and improving overall wellness. A 20-30 minute walk every other day has been shown to support a basis for this. Do note that by not exercising while continuing to lose weight, your body does sacrifice muscle mass. If you do a basic 20 minutes every other day of strength training (non-rigorous), you are able to maintain a good portion of this.

In short - No, you dont HAVE to exercise.

EDIT: Once you hit your goal, move to maintenance by no longer cutting out calories, while maintaining your BMR.

I hope this gives you better definition for your question.

I agree. :flowerforyou: Although, as many have pointed out, it's certainly desirable to engage in some kind challenging exercise, many of the responses contained overstatements and predictions that aren't justified.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of April weighing 260lbs. I've lost 13lbs so far. I pretty much don't want to or even have the energy to do any form of exercise during the week. I work weird hours. One day I'll work over 9 hours...next 8...next day 7... next day 9. On the weekends, I go full force. I do one of Jillian Michaels workout videos. Yes they suck, you get tired, you get sweaty, you want to punch her in the face, it's hard, ...whatever! I do it because I want to be healthy. It's 20 minutes. Suck it up and just do it...that's my motto with her videos. I feel great afterwards. Sometimes that 20 minutes feels like an hour, but it's well worth it. I take my dogs for a walk. If I have time during the week, I'll take them for a 20 minute or so walk at a decent pace. I'll take them on a walk during the weekends. They love it. I love it because I can get some "me time" in.

20 minutes that is all. If I can do it, you can do it. just suck it up and do it.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's best for longevity to do some form of exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

Over my working years I've watched people retire, to sit at home on the couch and do nothing physical.

Guess what? They died between 4-6 months of retiring.
    What did they die of? Are we sure it wasnt because they were not as active? Highly suspect.

Wow......there are nicer ways to get your opinion across then using terms like moronic, idiotic and I believe asshat was thrown in there? You come across as a very angry man.....perhaps you could use some exercise......it's good for the soul as well as the body