that awkward moment when...=(

Options
you go shopping with your skinny friends and they go to the jr miss section but you have to go to the PLUS section ..sigh :grumble:

Replies

• RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My sister shops in a bigger section than me and you would be surprised how often she finds clothes I only WISH I could pull off. Embrace your beautiful figure and don't worry about the # on the tag.
  • DreBeauty
    DreBeauty Posts: 14
    Options
    well IMO if they are over 18 they shouldn't be shopping in the junior's section anyway...
  • DreBeauty
    DreBeauty Posts: 14
    Options
    My sister shops in a bigger section than me and you would be surprised how often she finds clothes I only WISH I could pull off. Embrace your beautiful figure and don't worry about the # on the tag.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I used to work at a plus size store and we would advise the ladies to take the tags out their clothing if the size bothered them that much
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    you go shopping with your skinny friends and they go to the jr miss section but you have to go to the PLUS section ..sigh :grumble:

Or they drag you into stores you KNOW don't have your size. And you feel like everyone's looking at you and wondering why the fat chick is even IN that store.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    well IMO if they are over 18 they shouldn't be shopping in the junior's section anyway...

the stores we shop in have that section labeled as that and adult clothes are there just for smaller people..
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

Or they drag you into stores you KNOW don't have your size. And you feel like everyone's looking at you and wondering why the fat chick is even IN that store.

lmao..so true..i be wanting to ask everyone what they looking at!!!!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

i love this ^^ :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yes I use to shop with a dear friend who was blessed being slender. I'd be looking at pants wondering if there was any chance of fitting into them and she without thought would say "those pants are huge". Needless to say we stop shopping together and even though I've lost the weight. I still don't wish to shop with her.
  • meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options

My Sister-in-law calls me out of the dressing room to check out how "too tight" her size 0 jeggings are. She always drags everyone around in the conversation and fishes for complements while I am on call in my XLs errr.... I have finally learned to put her off as long as possible.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Yes I use to shop with a dear friend who was blessed being slender. I'd be looking at pants wondering if there was any chance of fitting into them and she without thought would say "those pants are huge". Needless to say we stop shopping together and even though I've lost the weight. I still don't wish to shop with her.
    .i wouldnt either..that was very low of her to say..
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Agreed!

Embrace your figure for the time being!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

My Sister-in-law calls me out of the dressing room to check out how "too tight" her size 0 jeggings are. She always drags everyone around in the conversation and fishes for complements while I am on call in my XLs errr.... I have finally learned to put her off as long as possible.
    lol..that have actually happened to me before..i promise she turned around in the mirror a thousand times asking us how her butt looks, how her hips look, are they to tight,..etc..sigh..i wanted to scream
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    :laugh:
  • PurpleCoookie
    PurpleCoookie Posts: 334
    Options
    lol when they do that, I casually walk to the jewelry section.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this reminds me of when i used to take capoeira.
    most school have these weird polyester pants and generally i HATE uniform pants because i have huge thighs and it's hard finding sizes that fit. awkward moment was them special ordering the largest size they could find for me only for me to find out they were STILL too small in the thigh but way huge in the waist :embarassed:
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Brings back childhood memories... my little sister shopped with all the rest of the cute kid clothes and I always went to the Plus sized kid sections were there was less choices.

But now I workout and have come to love and totally accept my body type (and not be jealous of my sister!) She may have the slimness but I've got bigger boobs! :laugh:

Long story short, you're beautiful how you are! And the section you shop in will never change what kind of person you are. :heart:
  • abberbabber
    Options

Uggggh. That would drive me nuts!!
  • abberbabber
    Options
    Brings back childhood memories... my little sister shopped with all the rest of the cute kid clothes and I always went to the Plus sized kid sections were there was less choices.

But now I workout and have come to love and totally accept my body type (and not be jealous of my sister!) She may have the slimness but I've got bigger boobs! :laugh:

Long story short, you're beautiful how you are! And the section you shop in will never change what kind of person you are. :heart:

Yup, same thing with my sister...except she got the boobs to. I would say there's no justice...but I have a butt :laugh: And I'm probably about 20 pounds away from being a smaller size than her.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    lol when they do that, I casually walk to the jewelry section.
    lol..not a bad idea at all
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    this reminds me of when i used to take capoeira.
    most school have these weird polyester pants and generally i HATE uniform pants because i have huge thighs and it's hard finding sizes that fit. awkward moment was them special ordering the largest size they could find for me only for me to find out they were STILL too small in the thigh but way huge in the waist :embarassed:

lol..aww man..so not cool..but aye..that just means you got a nice pear shape..