Your overweight dr tells you to lose weight...respond ?

Options
:ohwell:

Replies

• famousa88
    famousa88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just because he is overweight doesn't make it less true for you....
  • s_jane
    s_jane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A lot of doctors are overweight. It's hard to get to a gym when you work 70-80 hours a week. My dad's a doctor and the only reason he has time for cycling is that he only sleeps about 4 hours a night.

I know what you mean though. The pot calling the kettle black and all that.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    agree 100% with famousa88
    yep!

i mean, he/she is not wrong if it's true.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I've seen a lot of diet club consultants overweight :laugh: How they manage to sell their slimming products is anyone's guess :laugh:
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    THIS.

I also don't judge my mechanic by how his car looks. I'm sure he is busy enough fixing others' cars that he has little time to work on his own.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of diet club consultants overweight :laugh: How they manage to sell their slimming products is anyone's guess :laugh:

:drinker:
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    How about this... several years ago, when I felt my weight was starting to get out of control, I did what you're supposed to do... I went to my doctor... told him what my plan was and the little things I had started to change, but wanted his professional advice...

Me: Hey doc... I'm starting to work out... cut the whole milk and now I'm drinking 2%... cutting down the red meat... what else would you suggest I do to get my weight down...

Doc: Close your mouth.

Me: Huh?

Doc: Don't eat so much.

Uh... thanks.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor once who was about my height and weighed almost as much as me. It was hard to take him seriously when he told me I should lose 10 or 15 pounds (especially since I knew I was about 75 pounds overweight at the time).

My CURRENT doctor also happens to be about my height, but HE is probably at what I would consider the right weight for me.
  • Aranda7892
    Aranda7892 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I seen a nutritionist who weighed more then me. Her advice seemed great but since I never tried it, I wondered if it even worked.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Why do people post questions like this and then offer no opinions of their own? Seems like baiting to me or trolling...
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Why do people post questions like this and then offer no opinions of their own? Seems like baiting to me or trolling...

Have you seen any of the other threads she's started?

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    I also don't judge my mechanic by how his car looks. I'm sure he is busy enough fixing others' cars that he has little time to work on his own.

That's actually not a very smart thing to do...
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    They're telling you to lose weight for your own health. What they're saying isn't to make your more aesthetically pleasing, although if you followed advice it wouldn't hurt. Doctor's are people too. They have many challenges, and often struggle with the same problems that we do in our own lives. What they recommend professionally is what they know will benefit your health. They know that is true for themselves too. Because they're overweight doesn't mean their professional advice should be taken lightly or ignored.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ask him for his diet tips :laugh:

Seriously i know someone who was overweight and referred to an overweight dietician! Apparently he gave her more good advice then she gave him!!
  • lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Have you seen any of the other threads she's started?

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

lol is all i gotta say on that
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options
    I've been told by a doctor to quit chewing while he has a huge chaw hanging out his lips lol. Facts are fact, he may know best but doesn't mean he practices what he preaches. he is human also...
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i'd gain weight to spite him.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options

I agree. I know some doctors that smoke too. Should we all take that up?
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    this is why I lost weight. So i wouldnt be the hypocrite! (well a big part of my original motivation at least)
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Im very particular about my doctors because of this...studying to be a nurse i feel strongly about being healthy and taking care of myself if im going to tell someone they need to do it..

I dont take the advice seriously even if its true because well...they should help themselves..there are gyms in the hospitals and they are walking all the time. they know what they should do 90% just dont do it...

Just my personal opinion because I dont want to be an overweight nurse telling someone to lose weight..seems hypocritical