Losing weight to get Preggo :)

Options
2»

Replies

• mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    ooh, Me! I'd like to be down to 120 (130 now, 142 when started mfp) (I'm 5' even). My belly is my fat-gathering place, so I dread what my post-pregnancy belly would look like, were I to get pregnant right now. So, hoorah for all the *hopefully* soon babies and "hot mama" bodies!
  • lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me!!!! My husband and I have been trying for 3 years with no luck. I am hoping by shedding some pounds our chances will increase.
    me an my hub tried for a yr and a half i dropped 25lbs and next thing i knew i was pregnant so yea when ur overweight loosing as lil as 20 lbs can help
  • erock_21
    erock_21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also. My son is almost a year old and I would like to start trying again in August. First thing is first though, must lose the baby weight from #1!
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ! I'm new here and I have a goal to lose 16 lbs in preparation to get preggo. I'm just borderline overweight, but I don't want to have to lose any extra baby weight post-pregnancy that I can avoid now. My husband and I haven't started trying to have a baby (we were thinking next year), but I would like to spend 3-4 months getting thin and start good food habits before trying to grow a baby.

Anyone else out there in the same or similar boat?

I am! I started the process of losing 50 pounds to get to my ultimate goal weight before I get pregnant. I'm 20 down and we'll see how I feel after the next 20 - we may start a little sooner :) Add me if you need some support!
  • kworthington
    kworthington Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pumpkin22008
    Options
    Me too! You are not alone, girl! I couldn't handle the idea of going in with 30-40 to lose and then whatever I packed on beside that. Also, I know it's goofy but I've been in one-derland successfully for a few years now (came close to blowing it once or twice) but I really want to keep in the 1's during a pregnancy too. Next yearish for us too.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm currently losing baby weight and it's part of what motivated me: I gained 50lbs with my first and I don't want to feel as horrible as I did with my first pregnancy than with my future second pregnancy. So, I'm hoping I'm at least part of the way through my journey before we get pregnant again :)

Good luck on TTC! (Trying to Conceive)

:D

(I know it says I've only lost 3lbs, but I lost about 15-20lbs before joing MFP)
  • Alaynat
    Alaynat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am as well! I'm borderline PCOS (which also means a slight insulin resistance) so I'm loosing 20+lbs (I'm currently 150 looking to get to 130-120) to help regulate me and UP my chances!

Im so glad I found more people in my boat! :)