Why am I so flipping full?

Options
tialeanne
tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
So I'm struggling to make it to 1200 calories a day because I'm SOOOO FULLL. I ate a really small salad for diner tonight and felt bloated and too full. Well I still wasn't up to 1200 so I choked down a snack bar. Now I feel sick. :(

I've only been at this for 40 days and I used to eat huge amounts of food. Like a double quarter pounder and a large fry for lunch and still feel a little hungry around 3pm or 4.

I can't even enjoy my splurge nights because before I'm a third of the way done I feel like vomiting.

What's up with that?

Replies

• gatork7
    gatork7 Posts: 22
    Options
    I don't know why you're so full but maybe try higher calorie healthy food instead of low cal? Whole milk, red meat, full fat yogurt? I don't know, hopefully someone else knows more than me! Keep up the great work!
  • Hypoxic_81
    Hypoxic_81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't know what causes it but I have the same issue!!

I've eaten kinda gross amounts of food in the past but now that I'm eating healthier...I'm struggling to meet my required calories. I'm eating fruits, veggies, lean proteins and even carbs but I just can't seem to get enough down (I won't keep eating if I feel full). I don't feel tired or sick and I still have enough energy to get my workouts in but trying to hit 1200 cals seems to be a challenge. I'm taking a multi-vitamin and trying to figure out ways to get more calories in (so ironic that now I'm frustrated that veggies are so low cal! lol) but since I've only been "eating properly" for 2 weeks now, I'm not TOO concerned....yet.

Hope you figure something out, just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with that problem!
  • annmarwor
    annmarwor Posts: 7
    Options
    I feel like I was meant to meet you today, or something; because I Googled the same question today!! I had a very small salad for lunch today with a serving size of tortilla chips and was stuffed. I thought my stomach has shrunk. I researched a little bit and read that a person's stomach cannot shrink, however, one's appetite can decrease when changing eating habits. The days I work out, I find 1200 calories a struggle because I am eating more to make sure I stay close to my target caloric intake. On the other hand, days like today when I didn't work out 1200 calories wasn't enough. Overall, though, my appetite is nothing like my old 20 McNugget meal days!

I feel like I should mention, though, that if you feel like something is off with your body, go to a doctor! Only you know what feels right, so if you ever feel like something is off, don't ignore your gut! So many times it's when we start eating healthier and working out we begin to discover underlying health issues!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I asked a similar question earlier, if you have to eat back the calories you burn exercising because I can't eat that. I only eat veggies, dairy and sometimes fish, and I just started two weeks ago, so my meals are all pretty low calorie. Lunch is the biggest and always under 500. I just can't eat as much as I apparently need to. I know its really bad that my net is less than 1000 today but I'm just not hungry. Maybe because were getting more nutrients from eating healthier, we're more full? Maybe our stomachs shrank? I don't know. Hopefully someone has an answer?
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Probably mostly due to caloric density. 1200 calories of veggies can be 4-5 pounds of food. One double cheeseburger, at around 3/4 pound, could be the same number of calories. Or 1/4 pound of lard. Yummy.

5 lbs of veggies is a lot harder to eat, and will make you a lot more full than the lard and the burger combined :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    LOL. I'm guilty of this. Trying (ok, not so trying) to go back to a vegetarian lifestyle and when I eat super clean, I'm hardly hungry. :/ like today, I was rushing rushing all day and I barely remembered no lunch or snack. If I remember sometimes I overeat and spoil my next meal. :( it's hard for me.