looking for low cal but filling crock pot recipes

Options
lilbitsc89
lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
Looking for some crock pot recipies that are very filling and preferrable somewhat low cal that can simmer while I'm at work. I'm away from home around 9/10 hrs. Or even crock pot recipes I can do on the weekend that only take a couple hours if that. Thanks ahead of time!

Replies

• nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    I like A year of slow cooking...This is the link to her light and healthy section.
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005/12/light-and-healthy.html
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Tuscan Pork Stew
    Calories: 1 cup is 232 calories, sans noodles. Recipe makes about 8 cups.

1 boneless pork loin roast (1.5 lb) cut in 1 in cubes
    2 tbls olive oil
    2 cans italian diced tomatoes, undrained
    2 c. reduced sodium chicken broth
    2 c. frozen pepper stir fry vegetable blend, thawed or one red bell pepper cut into thin strips
    1/2 c. dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1/4 c. orange marmalade
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp fennel seed
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or leave out the regular pepper and add 1/2 tsp of the red)
    2 tbl corn starch
    2 tbl cold water

extra wide egg noodles, optional

Brown the pork in olive oil, put it in a slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, peppers, wine marmalade and seasoning.
    Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low, or even longer.
    Combine the corn starch and water to make a slurry, add to slow cooker and cook on high for a half hour.
    While it's thickening make your egg noodles, then serve the soup over the noodles.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    the cookbook Fix it and Forget it Lightly is excellent! I bought it and it has for sure been one of my most used cookbooks. Everything is crockpot and they are all low calorie healthy recipes!

http://www.amazon.com/Fix-It-Forget-It-Lightly-Healthy-Low-Fat/dp/156148718X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337220643&sr=8-1
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options