I'm new have a question

Options
I am new and have a question. My calorie goal for the day is 1200, if i exercise can i eat those earned calories and still lose weight?

Replies

• kristimcb2605
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

I try not to eat my exercise calories, but it is really (in my opinion) based on my body. I workout mid afternoon (3-5 pm), so afterwards, I eat a normal dinner. If I have calories left over (always do), then I stick with fruits and veggies to fill me up...especially things with water in them (grapes, celery) or bananas. Listen to your body, it will tell you what to do.

Good luck!

Kristi
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sure can. Your goal would be a net of 1200 calories. It is healthy to eat your exercise calories back or else your body will not have anything to build back the muscle you just tore down from exercising :)
  • kayd69
    kayd69 Posts: 29
    Options
    Yes you can....I am new on here also....But yes those arean added bonus if you exercise...you can use all or just some....The choice is yours..... :-)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories, yes, that is the way MFP is set up.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am new and have a question. My calorie goal for the day is 1200, if i exercise can i eat those earned calories and still lose weight?

There are different schools of thought on this. Some say eat more to weigh less... Others say eat all the exercise calories... Others say eat half and others say never eat them. I usually eat some but not all... But then again at 277 and 6'3" my intake is quite a bit more than 1200 calories anyway. The Caloric burn for exercise is a best estimate based upon a given set of variables... It is not by any means exact. Likewise, who is to say that that chicken sandwich did not have a little extra mayonaise on it than the website says... -- or perhaps a little less. It is far from an exact science so I like a little cushion and it works for me. My suggestion is try it one way and tweak it based upon results. Best wishes on your journey.