Help. Plateau and inch gain.

Options
I've just started 30DS and have been doing it for three nights. But ever since starting the shred, I've hit a plateau and gained an inch on my waist but I measured my arms and both lost half an inch each.

I could understand why I'm stuck at my current weight since I'm probably building some muscles and is retaining water but the inch gain disheartens me. What could be the possible explanation for this? I didn't change my diet dramatically. I've just replaced my whole wheat bread with whole wheat cornflakes since I figured I'll need some milk for my bones. I'm using a non-fat milk btw.

Hope someone could help me. Thanks. :(

Replies

• sindnee
    sindnee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    So you hit a "plateau" 3 days ago? Most the advice on here won't really help with that as when most people say plateau they mean an extended period of time like 2 weeks. 30DS is pretty high intensity & lots of strength. Most people have no weight loss or a tiny gain at first - something to do with retaining water & building muscles. When i did 30ds I lost very little that month but then I lost 7 lbs the week after I finished....
  • sindnee
    sindnee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So you hit a "plateau" 3 days ago? Most the advice on here won't really help with that as when most people say plateau they mean an extended period of time like 2 weeks. 30DS is pretty high intensity & lots of strength. Most people have no weight loss or a tiny gain at first - something to do with retaining water & building muscles. When i did 30ds I lost very little that month but then I lost 7 lbs the week after I finished....

It's been almost a week. I take rest days in between my workout days so my body has time to rest. I'm not too worried about the plateau, to be honest. I know I will lose it along the way. But the inch gain on my waist frustrates me. Am I doing something wrong? I cut my soda intake for about a month now and I don't eat junk nor fast food anymore. Not even the ever tempting french fries!