Biggest NSV yet!

Options
Ritzbrit
Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
So I've been on my journey to a healthier lifestyle for a little over a month now and I've lost 12 pounds yay! But I have bad RA in both my knees and all I've wanted was to be able to jog and eventually run again. I was diagnosed at 19 with arthritis (now 27) and over the years my exercise started lacking to the point I could hardly walk! With finally getting on the right meds and starting off slowly by walking, tonight I started the couch to 5k and I was able to jog all the intervals! I'm so happy I could cry!!! This is HUGE for me!

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    That's wonderful!
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! Such a good feeling!

I am doing a 5K Walk for Arthritis next month and hopefully we can raise some money to get even more people like you able to reach these kinds of goals!

Keep it up! :)
  • QOTC
    QOTC Posts: 20
    Options
    Great job! I hope it continued to get easier, as you continue to get stronger!
  • buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with RA, so I'm sure the journey so far has been difficult. You're doing an amazing job especially since you've been able to reach this goal in a month!
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    thats great to hear! very inspirational! :flowerforyou:
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    ScarlettIsSpiffing Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement...well done!! the couch to 5k really works I'm up to 22mins now phew & I would never have thought I could manage that ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!