Help me, I'm weak!!

Options
I cannot stop thinking about eating something sweet and delicious. I keep thinking about cakes and brownies and cookies. I want to make some so badly. I almost feel like crying I want to eat them so bad.

Why can't I just ignore those foods? We have a big cookie in the kitchen for my son tomorrow for his birthday (party won't be till saturday) and I have given serious thought to eating it. He's only 2, he won't notice.

Ack!!!!!

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Don't eat your sons cookie! You will feel awful about it afterwards.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    If you do break down and make something try to make the healthier versions of them, like an oatmeal cookie with applesauce as a replacement, or go for a granola bar, they have the sweetness to them but they also have some healthier alternatives with added nutrition that cookies and cakes can't give you. You may be craving those things in anticipation of your sons party, something like the big cookie is hard to ignore. Grab a piece of fruit if nothing else, there is something sweet that is good for you.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chocolate-chocolate-chip-banana-muffins.html

Try these! They're fantastic!! And you don't even need the glaze, without it, it saves even more calories. :heart:

*Don't eat your sons cookie. Afterwards, it will break your heart. :brokenheart:

Sorry, kept looking. These sound yummy too! Haven't tried them but totally going to.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/skinny-whole-wheat-snickerdoodles.html
  • Pistolcoach
    Pistolcoach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Food cravings are so hard to deal with! THEY ARE VERY REAL! I'm going to give you a suggestion, it wont take all of the pain and stress away...but if you can remember to do it...it will help.

Stop saying to yourself "I want...." "I should be able to eat..." "I deserve...." or "I need..." I find that I am constantly telling myself that I want bad things (cake, cookies, chocolate, chips, cheeseburgers, pizza, cinnamon rolls...) or that I need them. I remind myself that I want them......

SO, I've been working on the concept of telling myself "I could really use a nice salad right now". "I sure did like that <insert healthy option here>"

by changing the focus of our brains, we can help moderate the indulgences of our mouths :) (at least that is my plan) :D

Good luck on your journey! don't give up hope and remember, sometimes (SOMETIMES) it's okay to submit to the cravings...if you can do it in moderation.
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Check out the Website Skinnytaste.com and find a modified dessert recipe and eat it in moderation.
  • DarkAngelLovesU
    Options
    i know what u mean im struggling with the same thing. my little 15 yr old sister in law has lots of snacks for school cupcakes snack cakes junk food.. and its so hard not to touch them.... so i feel ur pain! :)