music to exercise to

Options
So I might be behind the times here but I just got my first ipod in hopes that some good tunes will help me to start (and keep me) moving.
What works for you? Can't wait to start listening to your suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• Kidsrn23
    Kidsrn23 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey, I listen to alot of 80s & 90s music. Kinda like club music with a good beat that keeps me moving.
  • namowrepus2002
    namowrepus2002 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love "Move Your Body" by Eiffel 65...it's an older song but it's got a perfect beat and obviously the lyrics help motivate me! You can check it out on YouTube to see if it would work for you.

Another one I like is "I Keep On Rollin'" by Rollergirl
  • redheadc2
    redheadc2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    try finding the Fit Music podcast. It's free by the US military and it is designed to keep you at an optimal heartrate/intensity.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is straight up pop music. My gym playlist has lots of Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Ke$ha, Kelly Clarkson, etc. It needs to have a fast beat.
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    there is an awesome album called men's fitnes on itunes. Well even if it says mens fitness its suitabe for women too and has nice fast beat music that will keep you going.
  • guillermobravo
    Options
    I'm all about the uptempo house and dance music. It keeps me going. If you can download mixes or podcasts of mixes, even better. I like Swedish House Mafia, Deadmau5, or any of the mainstream house artists.

If you run with your phone, use Sirius XM or Pandora. They do the job.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Metal and aggrotech. Probably not the best person to ask.