New to site couple questions

Options
Hey everyone. I am new to the site. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am a professional chef which goes to figure. I reached my goal weight four months ago. Then had a bad two months and maybe gained 20 pounds. So, I am climbing back up the mountain. I have been back on my 1800 calorie a day whole food diet for three weeks now. Running four days a week and lifting one. I already feel better but have a way to go. I have a couple questions for the community.

1- On a no sugar/artificial sweetener diet how do you replace electrolytes on runs over an hour?
2- I lift one day a week for 1+ hour. Am I getting a benefit or do I need to add another day?

If anyone is interested in Triathlon I have lots of great info.(2 half Ironmen and dozens of shorter races)
I am starting to train for another half marathon. If anoyone wants to cyber sync some runs that could be fun
Any questions on food and cooking I can help:)

Charles

Replies

• hairfox
    hairfox Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Charles,

Welcome to the site. I've only been here for a few weeks myself but it's already working for me! :smile:
    My doctor hates artificial sweeteners and sugar and told me instead of Gatorade to try the SOBE lifewaters.
    The have stevia which is natural and no artificial sweeteners or added sugars but still get the electrolytes.
    I'm no big runner but working towards my first 10k and pretty excited about it.

By the way would you share what kind of chef you are?

Best,
    Connie
  • Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    Why Hello.

I am not sure about lifting... I dont do it. But for a sugar free way to get some electrolytes back, I drink unsweetened coconut water. It is also great for hydration and has oh so many benefits. My brand I love is "Real coconut water"

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

S
  • cypspade
    cypspade Posts: 8
    Options
    I tam a private chef. I opened restaurants for fifteen years then got into the private sector. Its a much better lifestyle. Easier to stay in shape :)
  • cypspade
    cypspade Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I have heard about coconut water and the benefits. I have yet totry it. Looks like I need to.