Did anyone just start in Sept. for their weight loss journey

Options

Replies

• shannarunner
    Options
    I am a September newbe too. I started a thread called shanna's 3 month challange i under the general diet and weight loss help area. Come check it out and join if it is on the lines of what you are looking for. Hope to get to know you all and share our diet, exercise and inspirations together.
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also started in September so I would love to join this group. I weigh in on Sundays, but I can report it on Monday if that's ok. I look forward to going through this journey with all of you! Be blessed! :wink:
  • JanetParks
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I need all the support I can get as I'm sure is the case of everyone on here. I weigh in on Sunday. But can record it on Monday.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.
    I started September 8th.

SW: 270
    CW: 257.8

I currently weigh-in on Friday with another group but I think Monday is a good idea.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi All September joiners,

It appears Monday is the day we all will weigh in.

Thanks everybody:drinker: :smile:
  • gnastro
    Options
    September groups weights so far:wink:

9/30/09
    nolachick 188
    basinrunner 139.5
    Divegirl 171
    shellybelly83 178
    jlb123 257.8
    mamacindy 150
    gnastro 128.8
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started about 3 weeks ago. I would like to join. Thanks, I think this will really help me stay motivated!!!

Starting weight: 160
    Current weight: 158
    Goal weight: 140

Weigh ins are Mondays?
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Linz320 ,

Most people said weigh ins on Monday. The more the merry , we will keep each other honest.:bigsmile:
  • gnastro
    Options
    September groups weights so far:wink:

9/30/09
    nolachick 188
    basinrunner 139.5
    Divegirl 171
    shellybelly83 178
    jlb123 257.8
    mamacindy 150
    gnastro 128.8
    linz320 158
  • gnastro
    Options
    September groups weights so far:wink: 9/30/09

msmeghan -
    nolachick - 188
    brwnsgr -
    basinrunner - 139.5
    Divegirl - 171
    shellybelly83 -178
    jlb123 -257.8
    mamacindy -150
    gnastro -128.8
    linz320 -158
    ali258 -
    skinnyJess - 155
    JanetParks -
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Good morning! I will do the same as some of the other folks here - weigh on Saturday and report it on Monday. My household is big on college football, and I don't stress about eating salty food on Saturdays, since I still try to keep it healthy. :smile:

SW: 245
    CW: 241
    Goal: 174 (this might change, but it's the lowest I've ever been and I have a lot of cute clothes in my closet that fit me at 174 lbs)

I'm really loving MFP! I've done WW off and on since I was 9 (isn't that crazy?!) and even though I know it does work for me, I can't find a good community here in North Carolina. Not having that community makes it really hard for me to scrape together the $40/month I was paying to keep going. I had a much better community in Florida, when I got down to 174 lbs than I ever formed in North Carolina at WW. I'm loving the community on MFP though. Everyone is so nice and supportive. I'm really looking forward to getting back to a weight where I can move more easily, where my body doesn't hurt from sleeping or walking, and where I feel good in my own skin.
  • gnastro
    Options
    September groups weights so far:wink: 9/30/09

msmeghan -
    nolachick - 188
    brwnsgr - 176
    basinrunner - 139.5
    Divegirl - 171
    shellybelly83 -178
    jlb123 -257.8
    mamacindy -150
    gnastro -128.8
    linz320 -158
    ali258 - 241
    skinnyJess - 155
    JanetParks -
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Ali258,

I know my weight has always been an issue for me also. I was always the chunky kid. Lost weight for my wedding then babies came. After I had my 4 kids I was stuck at 152 for over 4 years. Being less than 5 feet tall not too good. I joined a gym & lost the weight it took 3-4 years. Two years ago I felt my best at 113 then I stopped weighing myself and ate without really thinking then surprise 133.5. AAAAHHH:mad: :angry: So here I am like everyone else struggling to beat the fat monster. I really don't want Halloween to come. There was so much chocolate & candy in this house. This site really does help because you can always to talk to someone.
    Save your money instead of weight watchers just log your food everyday. I am on facebook if anyone wants to talk through that site also.

Good luck with your journey , you can do it!!!:happy: :drinker:

Gina
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

Hi Ali. Where are you in NC? I'm in Pleasant Garden (southeast side of Greensboro).

Well I wasn't any good at the bowling alley yesterday but I mostly do it for the fellowship and the little bit of exercise. We also took the dogs for a 30 min walk.

Yesterday was DH's Birthday and after I logged everything I ate I was still on track and that included a tiny slice of cake.

I was reading another board this morning about goals for Sept. so that got me to thinking.....what are mine for October?

Lose 5#
    Lots of water
    Consistent exercise

So for the rest of you, will you set some goals for this month?
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Oh and I didn't mean to leave you out Gina. I wanted to say thanks a lot for getting this board going!

Do you think we need to think up an easily recognizable title for our little "group"? I'm not very good at that sort of thing but I imagine some of you more creative gals are.

I hope you all have a good day and remember if you eat it "log it"!

Cindy
  • ali258
    Options
    Hi Ali. Where are you in NC? I'm in Pleasant Garden (southeast side of Greensboro).

I'm in Statesville. It's about 50 miles north of Charlotte or 40 miles west of Winston-Salem.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join in??
    Restarted this journey again on Mon 9/28
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cool, See you all on Monday:)
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    We have just started so I'm sure you can join us.

Gina is logging the weight list.

So let us know where you are on Monday!
  • ali258
    Options
    I was reading another board this morning about goals for Sept. so that got me to thinking.....what are mine for October?

Lose 5#
    Lots of water
    Consistent exercise

So for the rest of you, will you set some goals for this month?

I have been trying to think of goals for October, but I'm having a hard time. I think this month, my goal is just to keep tracking, get in exercise when I can, and to absolutely not give up. The beginning of eating healthier is always so hard for me, but if I can stick it out, I tend to do really well. My favorite part about having a goal though is that I reward myself if I accomplish it. I think it's important to have a concrete, physical, non-food reward, even if it's small, so I have a visual reminder that I'm doing a good job. Right now, my planned reward is a nice felt flower brooch that would match very nicely with my gray wool peacoat (assuming I can fit back into it by the time I need it).

Does anyone else reward themselves for meeting goals?