Ate Lasagna last night...now up 2.5 pounds

Options
So I ate lasagna....guessed at the calories but maybe it had way more than I thought? Maybe it had a lot of salt in it...I'm not sure. Anyways I have been steadily losing for a week and haven't been up at all...I get on the scale every morning (I know it's a dumb idea) and have been down a little each day...now boom! Any advice on what to do today? Drink lots of water and eat light?

Replies

• LaylaEC
    LaylaEC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just realized I ate campbells soup for lunch too......way too much salt for the day!
  • s_jane
    s_jane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A pound of body fat is something like 3500 calories. I doubt you misestimated that badly. With all that cheese and sauce and probably meat, I'd bet there was a lot of salt. Drinking lots of water and eating light is never a bad plan :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yep, water and eat light. You're probably right, it's just the salt. I personally quit weighing myself every single day, often times it was multiple times a day. While realistically I understand my body weight fluctuates all day, everyday, it just stressed me out for some reason. Also when losing the weight I did, I felt the progress was more legit when weighing in just once a week. I personally didn't see it as a victory to see a small loss the next morning because it probably was water weight. Nobody drops fat overnight.
  • LaylaEC
    LaylaEC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks....think I'm going to get my kids to hide the scale from me and only get it out on Saturday mornings!
  • fiestalady
    fiestalady Posts: 1
    Options
    different weight management tools work differently for each person. Weighing daily may work for some and not for others. Try both and see - and agreed 2.5 pounds would be an extra 8, 750 kcal which you did not consume so water fluxuations are to blame. Also carbs hang on to water in the body so if you had more carbs than normal that could contribute as well. mariilyn
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The body can fluctuate up to 5 lbs even over a couple of hours. Don't weigh yourself everyday. My scale comes out once a month and the measuring tape every two weeks.