Optimum nutrition whey protein powder - best flavour??

Options
Hi all,

I currently have the double choc flavour of optimum nutrition gold standard whey and its nearly all gone! i fancy a change :) I'm tempted by vanilla?

Or has anyone tried choc mint or rocky road?

Thanku! xxx

Replies

• Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Bump.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the strawberry and I'm enjoying it.

haven't tried rocky road, but it sounds good.
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The banana cream is delicious! I just ordered strawberry banana so I'm hoping that's good.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Vanilla isn't terrible, but it's not as good as chocolate. If you care about flavor, the vanilla one definitely needs to be mixed with other flavors in order to be palatable :)
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have the chocolate mint one right now- I love it!

Tastes great, even with just water. But I add in some soy/lactose free milk, and its like a mini milk shake!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have the vanilla ice cream flavor. Its good but I usually add blueberries to it.
  • ag2ut
    ag2ut Posts: 20
    Options
    I love chocolate mint - the mint seems perfect to me, and not too overpowering. I also have vanilla ice cream, which tastes really creamy and treat-like. I'm not usually a fan of vanilla flavors but I use that one to make a pumpkin flavored protein shake and it's perfect for that.
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    double rich chocolate is pretty solid, imo
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    I've switched to the ON Pro Complex *vanilla* *NATURAL* to avoid the omnipresent sucralose.
    The chocolate mint is great too if you don't mind the sucralose.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This is relevant to my interests - I use vanilla ice cream in my fruit smoothies and it doesn't really taste like anything, just the fruit I put in which I like! I guess I'm no help because the only other I have is the double rich chocolate, too, but I'm interested in what other people like.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I have the French Vanilla Creme and I love it!!

I make a frappe type shake in the morning and it is delish! I also make strawberry and banana shakes and they are good too:)

1/2 Coffee(made strong)
    1/2 Vanilla Almond Milk
    1 Scoop ON
    Ice

Mix and enjoy:) If you like coffee that is
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have the ON Splenda version (Natural?) in vanilla, and it definitely needs to be mixed with something else in order to be made more palatable. I usually throw in some fruits.
  • XMan714
    XMan714 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Rocky Road is the best flavor, but also try the mocha.
  • uidape
    uidape Posts: 3
    Options
    iso 100 is amazing. Any flavor.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Extreme milk chocolate FTW!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I use the vanilla ice cream. I like it for protein panckakes...yum.
    But then making shakes I always add cocoa to it, so I am thinking I will buy the chocolate next.

Anyone tried the chocolate malt?
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry but you are all wrong! I have tired every flavor, except the Creme Brulee which I can't find, and Mocha Cappuccino is the best by far. I use coffee instead of water every morning and make an iced coffee shake. LOVE IT!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The only one I've tried that I DIDN'T like was the mocha. But then again, I'm not much of a coffee drinker.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do DONT BUY CAKE BATTER FLAVOR! It is disgusting! It took me so long to get through that tub! I have double rich chocolate now, much better!
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Mocha Frap FTW!