What's up with protein powder?

Options
I am looking for a protein powder that doesn't have sugar or sugar substitutes in it. Is there a way (lol whey) to just get the protein without all the "other stuff"?? Trying to go all natural here. Any suggestions? BTW I try to get 100g or more daily as I lift!!

Replies

• florabora
    florabora Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use: MLO 82930 (16 oz). Super High Protein Powder
    Packed With 22 Grams Of A Special Soy And Whey Protein Blend And 0 Grams Of Fat,

I use a couple of tablespoons with a cup of soymilk. I will add sometimes frozen fruit, banana and 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
    Its to me a better type of protein powder compared to the other varieties that seem to have added junk.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Zero2hero2013 Posts: 458
    Options
    i use precision engineered from holland and barratt uk,
    24g scoops
    17.5g protein
    2.8g carbs
    2.1 of which are sugars
    1.8g of fat
    0.9 sat fat

i think it does it job well, i normall do a double scoop, and it tastes ok with water or milk
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for just Pure Whey protein go to Whole Foods are a Food Co-op. Those places usually have just plain old whey protein with no additives. THe only thing is its SUPER expenisve. My local food Co-op sold "Show me the Whey" that was derived from milk from grass fed cows. It was $35 for what would have been a months supply for me.

Denise
  • Ninikins2
    Ninikins2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks guys. @Denise - I didn't know they sold whey by itself. Wonder why plain whey would cost so much and. Whey with extra stuff costs less lol?! I am actually out of town and near a health food store, I'll check it out!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Post Workout
    Allmax Nutrition Isofemme (Bodybuilding.Com) - Creamy Vanilla Sky, 1 Scoop

2 grams of sugar and barely any carbs GREAT TASTE TOO
  • Zero2hero2013
    Zero2hero2013 Posts: 458
    Options
    kagarcia hehe, sugar is carbs :-)