Girls - make-up help please - foundation!!!

Options
Girls - can anyone recommend a really good foundation please?! i have super oily skin and fed up of stuff sliding off my face!! i have light olive skin so need something with a golden/olive undertone. thaaaaaaaanks!!! :)

Tried loads but they never seem to last. I don't want that heavy look but want it to even out my skintone and not slide off also!

Also any powders to set that you would recommend?

Getting ready for my makeover once i get to my goal weight ;) xxx

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love Bare Minerals! Great coverage, and it doesn't look like you are wearing make up!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try going au natural. If you have oily skin, your skin could probably use a rest.
  • lyricalLies13
    lyricalLies13 Posts: 151
    Options
    My skin is also very oily, the consultant at Sephora told me I need a primer. So i used Sephora foundation primer then Sephora powder foundation and it stays until i take it off =]
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love Bare Minerals! Great coverage, and it doesn't look like you are wearing make up!

This I love it!:smile:
  • anihop
    anihop Posts: 18
    Options
    I love the Laura Mercier products. Kinda pricey but worth it! They sell it at Sephora.
  • lmcasey83
    lmcasey83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sephora Primer then Urban Decay liquid/powder foundation. <3 that stuff!!!
  • mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals is the best! I have very oily skin as well and I use all of their products. They also have a Primer to use before you put on foundation and the mineral veil to set everything.
  • itsall4younow
    Options
    If you go to MAC or Sephora they will give you a make over as long as you purchase $50 worth of products.

They are always able to recomend great products specific to your needs :smile:
  • Lewisgrl23
    Lewisgrl23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    MAC has a mineral make-up that's great for your skin type!!! Being made-up is always feminine, sexy and fun!!! Great way to add to your make-over...
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Mineral makeup is great, but using a good quality primer that works for your skin and foundation that goes with it will do the trick. As well, there are myriads of brushes to apply foundation, find the one that gives the look you want. Best to go to a makeup shop, Sephora, MAC, etc and get them to help
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals, I wear it and it looks so natural!
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I know is expensive, but after trying every other brand, the only foundation that will stay looking good all day in my oily skin is MAC Studio Fix. It's a life safer for me, looks natural and I don't even need to use much powder (if any at all).
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Girls - can anyone recommend a really good foundation please?! i have super oily skin and fed up of stuff sliding off my face!! i have light olive skin so need something with a golden/olive undertone. thaaaaaaaanks!!! :)

Tried loads but they never seem to last. I don't want that heavy look but want it to even out my skintone and not slide off also!

Also any powders to set that you would recommend?

Getting ready for my makeover once i get to my goal weight ;) xxx

I use one from sephora, its givenchy photo'perfexion fluid foundation. i LOVE it
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Do you use a primer? Should completely negate the oily skin / sliding off problem, especially if you use one formulated for oily skin (Smashbox is good - particularly the light version - and also oil free, Mac also have a decent range).

Foundation - I have three different 'go to' foundations, depending on what sort of skin day I'm having. Clinique Even Better (medium coverage, lasts well, can oxidise slightly so best to go a tiny bit lighter), Clinique Super Moisture (very light coverage, dewy finish, bordering on tinted moisturiser), Clinique Super Balanced (light to medium coverage, good all-rounder, can flake slightly towards the end of the day).

Hope that helps!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I really like using the tinted moistorizer by Sephora. It is really light coverage and I pair it with a simple matte powder foundation when I am looking for a thicker coverage.

However, the recommendation is going to depend compeltely on 1. what your skin is like, 2. how you wear it, 3. how much time you have to dedicate to it, 4, how much money you are willing to spend.

My recommendation is going to sephora and seeing what works best for you.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    86 the liquid foundation and try some light bronzer and then loose powder on top.

I don't think I've used foundation since high school...it always clogged my pores and made me feel dirty. Plus, who wants to hug a girl who leaves her mark on your shirt?!

Good luck! :smile:
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options

This stuff is great!!!
  • BlueDahlia77
    Options
    Bare Minerals

It's great for all skin tones and types (I'm prone to oily skin). Plus, it's not as heavy as liquid or pancake foundations so it really does give you a natural looking and feeling coverage.

It's expensive, but soooooooooo worth the price!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I agree, I love Bare Minerals.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I also have oily skin and really like Make Up Forever Matte Velvet with Hourglass Mineral Primer. I had been using Bare Minerals but I switched because I felt like it made my dry flaky skin patches/fine lines look more noticeable.