-65 Lbs - Halfway to goal! (Picture Heavy)

Options
12346»

Replies

• skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, wow good for you it's hard work to get the weight off and you did it. Wow you are so amazing keep up the great job. Man I cant wait to get there myself. Proud of you really I am.
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
  • anfmusicgrl
    anfmusicgrl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys so, so much!! I was surprised to see this thread from March re-awaken, but it's a great time I guess to post my updates!!!

I am as of today -89 lbs!!! Just over 3 lbs from ONE-DER-FREAKING-LAND!!!!!

I am going to celebrate this weekend by treating myself to a trip to the amusement park and NOT having to worry about not fitting in the roller coasters!! (though I am nervous about my first one...i hope that subsides!!)

Here are some new pics!!

5efee24f.jpg

e346abaf.jpg

71a1d0de.jpg

ca232df9.jpg

9d97c1fc.jpg
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! I'm so proud of you! You will be in ONDERLAND before June! Congrats!!!!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Amazing!! Thanks for the motivation I needed today! You look beautiful!
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunninng!! Keep up the amazing momentum and work!!
    So, as of yesterday…I am about ½ way to my “final” goal. I’ve lost 65 lbs so far, and I began losing weight in September. (about 6.5 months ago) I thought about posting a “Success post” when I had hit 50 lbs, but was still too nervous. So….here I am to celebrate halfway there!! I am still very nervous about posting this for everyone to see...but I worked up the courage to do it.

I do say my “final” goal lightly, because I have ball parked a weight at which I think I will look good, and feel healthy! This is why I say “about” halfway…because, it is going to be give or take, according to how I am doing once I’m there. I could obviously go 20-25 lbs lighter than that and still be within the the healthy BMI range for my height, but we will see… I lift heavy, so I’m less concerned about the number on the scale than I am my visual & health results.

(You can skip to the pictures now if you want…below is for those wanting to read what inspired my weight loss, and how I've lost it to date)

As far as how I’ve done it to date…I began cutting back on all artificial/organic sugars, and switching to organic foods first. I did this not to lose weight, but as a reaction to being scared. My step mom died in January 2011 (1 yr ago) at the young age of 47 from a stroke (caused by a blood clot in the leg). My mother was diagnosed in May 2011 with a very rare, and aggressive cancer at the age of 49. I began reading a lot about the bad effects those things have on your body, and WANTED to change those things.

About a month later, I went back to the Dr. to follow up on some blood work I’d had the month prior. (Routine blood work ran since I take Metformin for PCOS) and to my surprise, I’d lost weight! I hadn’t even tried or thought about it. So this continued for another month or two into November. I continued to lose a little…the only time I weighed was at the Dr. because my scale did not even have batteries in it at home.

Finally, in December, after I’d lost over 25lbs just from diet changes, I thought “wow…all my life I’ve tried and it has seemed so impossible. I wonder what would happen if I really actively do this? Maybe, this is what I really needed to change my life.” I had already changed the quality of food I ate by choice. Not to lose weight. I was 100% committed to not putting that crap in my body. From there, right around Christmas…I started watching my portions, and cut out the calorie filled drinks I’d been having that had calories. (I was still drinking soda with organic cane sugar occasionally, sweet tea, and fruit juices)

I went back to work on January 3rd from vacation, and mentioned to a co-worker I wanted to start exercising to get into better shape. She said she’d go with me, so we started the very next day. She eventually stopped going with me, but it was all I needed to get into the groove. It’s been over 2 ½ months, and I can say that I have been 100% consistent with working out. I have seen the biggest changes in my “appearance” from working out. Yes, I did lose around 31 lbs before I started working out…but the exercise (weight training to be specific) has really helped me. Sure, the cardio helps with creating a calorie deficit, and helps with my fitness level…but strength training is making sure that I am losing fat, and not fat+lean body mass, and helping me in that aspect. I have been very lucky to date that I've not hit any plateaus as of yet. I have had occasional weeks of just 1lb loss, but the week following is usually followed by a decent loss. I'll cross my fingers that I will be able to avoid one until I'm a little closer to goal. (Which I know happens as you approach your more ideal body weight)

So, here are some pics. From beginning weight (my highest, which I hovered at for about a year and a half) to my weight now (-65lbs) I have another 65 to go, then will re-*kitten* my final goals.

Pics from my highest weight: (2010-September 2011) : AKA BEFORE:

77076_869381590419_25803442_46287942_86191_n.jpg
    40861_827104114819_25803442_45192452_7975013_n.jpg
    DSCF0770.jpg

- 18 lbs
    -18.jpg

-37 lbs
    -37.jpg

-45 lbs
    -45.jpg

-50 lbs (A full body comparison of before and -50)
    FullBody-49lbs.jpg

-60 lbs
    -60.jpg

And…….Now! -65 lbs! Halfway to my ideal goal!
    -64.jpg
    -645.jpg
    -65.jpg
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself. You have made this a life change and not just a diet. Keep up the amazing job!
  • ColeyDuke
    ColeyDuke Posts: 10
    Options
    AMAZING!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Oh my goodness you look so beautiful!
  • LavaRoushFiveOh
    LavaRoushFiveOh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!