Stretch marks on arms :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i agree ... shrugs are my best friend.. i hate my arms.. not because of the stretch marks on the outside of my arm ... but because thay are fatt still ... '_' once i lose the fat i willllll be wearing tops sleeveless ... stretch marks & all . dont stress about it so much .. nobody really cares. . plus with the sun coming out .. u will get a lovely tan & the stretch marks will be less visible.. :)
  • tamarina09
    tamarina09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Buy the dress! Buy the dress, buy the dress! If you love it, you will feel good, and that will shine through.

Bio-Oil works well on stretch marks (at 14, my daughter is over 6'1" and we've used them successfully on her legs and arms where she grew very rapidly). Diminishes them, doesn't make them disappear.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    of course you can wear sleeveless tops. Go get one right now. Put it on. You look fabulous.

Would you let a stranger talk to you the way you're talking to yourself? If a stranger said the things you are saying, you'd recognize right away what a mean and inappropriate comment that was, right? So quit allowing yourself to talk that way to you. You deserve praise for your results, you worked hard to earn them.

What a wise and loving thing to say!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    My 14 year old son has stretch marks on his back from growing so fast. Nothing he can do about it either. Be proud of where you are now with your fitness...and what it took to get yourself there.

Btw, Owen is 14yo...6 feet tall and 127 pounds...not an ounce of fat on him and still has those stretch marks. :ohwell:
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You go get that dress and wear it with pride! I've had stretch marks since I was a pre-teen. I wear tank tops, skirts, bikinis... girl, with all the hard work you've been putting into yourself, don't let a couple little things, like stretch marks, bring you down. Strut your stuff! Be confident! No one will even notice, or care. :flowerforyou:
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I mean this in the nicest way possible...I recognized your profile pic from your post the other day asking if your calves looked weird. Maybe the problem isn't muscular calves or stretch marks. Maybe you're just having a hard time accepting the "new" you because your used to the "old' you?

Anyone in their right mind would look at you and think, "She must work out/be healthy/etc..." No one is ever as concerned about the minor flaws as the one who thinks she has them. You've worked really hard. Enjoy it by wearing what you like.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've got them and feel the same, and until I make peace with them it won't matter what anyone says. I also have saggy skin on my arms! I hate them! If you've got them tones that's great, I will have to do that see if it helps me feel better about them. I still wear dresses but with shrugs x
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my oldest child, I retained water so badly that I got stretch marks in places normal people don't: the backs of my arms, beside my knees, and all down my calves from knee to ankle. But you know what? I still wear shorts, dresses, and sleeveless tops. It's just skin. Be proud of your body. You're working hard. Don't hide all that effort. :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have them too, they are pretty distinct to me, but I have NEVER had anyone say anything to them about me. I don't think I've ever had anyone look at them, even.

Don't sweat it -- check out my pictures. You can see them a bit in my profile picture, but they are not awful. You've worked hard for your muscles -- strut that *kitten*!!
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They are a part of who you are now, no matter how big or small they may be. Embrace who you are and be proud of how far you've come. Those are battle scars, wear them with pride!

Couldn't said it any better. Now go out there and celebrate your life. :wink:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My arms are still fat and have stretch marks (but the muscle is starting to peek out). I wear sleeveless tops and dresses all the time. I'm not going to spend my whole life worrying about what other people will thing of them when they're there for life and there's nothing I can do about it. Besides, as someone said, they're tiger stripes! Rawr!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My brother has massive stretch marks across his back (not because he gained weight, he just got very tall very quickly) he still walks around shirtless ahha.

I have them on my hips/thighs, too, I still wear shorts and bikinis and whatnot (although I probably shouldn't!) - no one has ever approached me about it.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I thought pretty much everyone had stretch marks....? For one reason or another.

And honestly, I know exactly how you feel. I have the exact same problem. I can't wait until my arms start noticibly toning. I've already lost an inch!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    There's a picture that I absolutely love. It says:

"Your body is not ruined. You're a goddamn tiger who earned her stripes."

Love your new body. You earned it!!!

tumblr_lyljqh2WfF1qmt06so1_500.png
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I mean this in the nicest way possible...I recognized your profile pic from your post the other day asking if your calves looked weird. Maybe the problem isn't muscular calves or stretch marks. Maybe you're just having a hard time accepting the "new" you because your used to the "old' you?

Anyone in their right mind would look at you and think, "She must work out/be healthy/etc..." No one is ever as concerned about the minor flaws as the one who thinks she has them. You've worked really hard. Enjoy it by wearing what you like.

Yup this is a huge part of it! The stretch marks I have had for years and have never accepted them. They just bug me. The calves are new though and gonna take a while to get use too. :)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine... I still wear sleeveless because honestly I could care less what anyone thinks. I live in the south and in the summer, you bet your *kitten* I will be comfortable.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks all over my belly and I still wear a bikini in the summer time. I don't give a rats *kitten* who sees them.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks all over my belly and I still wear a bikini in the summer time. I don't give a rats *kitten* who sees them.

I :heart: you lol
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There's a picture that I absolutely love. It says:

"Your body is not ruined. You're a goddamn tiger who earned her stripes."

Love your new body. You earned it!!!

tumblr_lyljqh2WfF1qmt06so1_500.png

Lovely sentiment....! And a great way to express it. Thanx