Had some treats today... will I gain weight?

Options

Replies

• JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that.. :/
    I eat about 1200 calories daily and exercise an average of 2 hours daily.
    Cookies- 170 each, had 2.5.
    Brownie- 90 calories
    Pretzels- 100 calories
    Popcorn- 60 calories
    Dark chocolate- 200 calories.
  • JohnnyKitty
    Options
    I don't think I have an eating disorder.
    Just when I eat too much, I feel really gross and guilty and yeah...
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options

That's an eating disorder. Guilty association with food leading to induced vomitting, stressing over a 4 pound weight gain, obsessive amounts of excersise mixed with too low calorie intake.

Eating disorder. Please. get. help.

In fact, here is a link to Bulimia:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001381/
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    Self induced vomiting is NEVER a good idea and there's never any reason someone should do it. If you want to be healthy, making yourself sick is not the way to go about it. I agree with the other posts, please talk to someone about this now before it gets out of hand. It starts with "emergency" only, and then goes to each meal you eat. Food is needed for survival, and you will wreck havoc on your body doing this to yourself. Don't beat yourself up over eating foods that may not be the best health wise. It's your last day of school enjoy it, then tomorrow eat right.
  • mrobinson0805
    Options

That's an eating disorder. Guilty association with food leading to induced vomitting, stressing over a 4 pound weight gain, obsessive amounts of excersise mixed with too low calorie intake.

Eating disorder. Please. get. help.

In fact, here is a link to Bulimia:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001381/

Agree 100%
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Denial ain't just a river. You need to see someone about this. That's like saying I only drink when I am depressed.
  • JohnnyKitty
    Options
    No, I don't have bulemia. I've never actually "binged."
    And it's not on regular occasions, either.
    I don't exercise excessively, either. Just once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
    I have never taken laxatives.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Sweetheart the fact that you do it at all is an issue. You may think it's no big deal now...but that's how it starts and then escalates. I strongly urge you to see a doctor or speak to someone about it. It sounds to me like you are heading down a dangerous road. You posted the question so please heed the advise that you are receiving.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise excessively, either. Just once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

It doesn't have to be binging. It can be eating food that makes you feel guilty, which you have stated that it has. Eating 1200 calories a day and working out 2 hours every day, whether it's in the morning and at night, then not eating those calories back is too few calories. You don't have to take laxatives to have an eating disorder. But throwing up, by self inducing, on any occasion can mean eating disorder.

Obviously, I'm not a doctor etc. I'm currently in social work. I've seen these kinds of symptoms in patients at the hospital. I'm just suggesting, with this kind of mindset you have, to seek help.
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness sweet girl! You totally deserve eating whatever you want occasionally to celebrate life! Don't worry about it. Celebrate your accomplishments and have fun!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    If you forced yourself to throw up, and it was over the amount of food you ate, it is certainly headed in a bad direction and needs to be discussed with someone that can help you.
  • mrobinson0805
    Options

Okay, so talk to your Dr about what you've been doing and let them decide. Just because you haven' "binged" doesn't mean there isn't a problem here. All you have to do is talk to a professional and let them decide to make or not make a diagnosis.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Sweetie, look what you wrote...you were concerned about some "treats" and are now saying you haven't binged, but you threw up. This is a big red flag.

Just because you haven't taken laxatives does not mean you don't have an eating disorder.

And eating 1200 calories plus working out for two hours is not healthy. Your body is still growing, you need calories for healthy development. Please talk to someone.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Yes, just like when a fat person eats a salad, they immediately lose weight.

How helpful. :mad:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    At your age, I would not worry about it at all. When you hit 30, you will have to start worrying about the occasional cookie or pretzels but at 19 one bad day a week won't be a big deal at all. A teenager's metabolism is an awesome thing, you should enjoy it!

Really? I don't think anyone, at any age, ever - has to worry about 'the occasional cookie or pretzels'. You worry when you're eating six cookies or half a bag of pretzels and gaining weight because of it.
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    Yes, just like when a fat person eats a salad, they immediately lose weight.

LMAO!!

But to the original post - Drink LOTS of extra water and eat lots of FIBER
    Pretty sure I don't need to explain further where those calories will go
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you excercise off those calories.
    Little concerned that you got sick... um on purpose or on accident?

Quite difficult to exercise off a lot of calories. It's a vain attempt and pretty moot. People just need to learn to move on and live the next day. I just spent the last two weeks stuffing my face in the Dominican and what not. Not a singe pound was gained. Weight gain is quite gradual and rarely ever accumulated in a short period amount of time unless one is coming off a cut and excessive binging proceeds.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Why....*sighs*
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Move on, eat clean for the next few days and drink lots of water to fight the bloat and don't weigh yourself for a few days. I ate a cupcake for breakfast, heaven forbid. Am I going to die? No. Do I do that everyday? No. Was that cupcake good? Damn right it was. I'm just going to eat clean for the rest of my day now.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Honey, please listen the good advice people are giving you here. This is very worrying. :heart: